Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wordful Wednesday: Grillin' & Chillin'

We live on a cul-de-sac. Some of us call it a "court." Four other families live on the court with us. We decided to do something festive for Memorial Day, so we did a 5-family bar-be-que.


My Philly looks festive, doesn't it?

No, not a wine-tasting. Just some good cheer in front of the garage.

The peonies dressed up for the occasion.

Well, not all the kiddos were home for the weekend, but we drew a pretty good crowd. And we got the whole thing in before Mother Nature threw a wet blanket, so to speak, on the proceedings. We'd been anticipating rain all day, but the skies didn't open up until we'd finished with dessert.
The message is brought to you by Angie and her Wordful Wednesday. Enjoy!

12 comments:

Sherry said...

Looks like you had a good time on memorial day! I can never find a nice, good sweet red wine, so I always drink white!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Looks like fun! Those peonies are beautiful, btw.

Susie said...

Wow!! Your peons are in bloom already??? Ours usually don't pop until next week!!

Lynda said...

I love, love the peonies... it's too hot here to grow them.. they are SO beautiful! Looks like a good time was had by all :)

Corey~living and loving said...

looks like a nice time was had by all. :) fun!

human being said...

wow! great shots!
really refreshing and lively...

may all your days be wonderful!

Momisodes said...

What fun! I love the peonies. We've loved living in a cul-de-sac years ago :)

Michelle said...

Wow... how are your peonies out. On Monday I checked out our neighbor with the huge bushes and no blooms yet. What fun with the families though!

Claremont First Ward said...

How cool that you have such a close knit neighborhood. The BBQ sounds really nice.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Now that's a happy, good-lookin' family!!!

Kathleen W. said...

What a great "Philly"! Everything looks so festive. My peonies FINALLY are blooming, and I can't help but cut them, even though this is the first year they bloomed (I only planted them 2 summers ago). I love their smell.

Marrdy said...

What fun! I love that you call it the court.