Friday, November 7, 2008

Fx4: Please Welcome Rowdy to the Pop'rs Family!

Many of you long-time Eat Your Veggies! readers will remember that The Pop'rs Family lost their long-time buddy, Trouble Elizabeth, last month. He was a good old doggie, and had recently turned 16, which is how many in dog years?

Well, they couldn't remain spaniel-ess for long, could they? After all, Moses needed a companion, too. So, welcome Rowdy to the Family!

This cute little guy was born August 1st, and is a Tricolor Springer Spaniel. Almost looks like a dog version of a Calico Kitty, doesn't he? But we all know that Calicos only come in the Female Variety, so Mother Nature must not work the same with dogs!

Aunt Julie is just itchin' to tell ya about Rowdy's acquisition. "I had visited two litters of Labradors and one of Springers, and didn't feel anything," she says. "We were planning to wait 'til spring to get another dog, so that was fine. "

"We ran into a nice Springer puppy at the dog park, for the second time, and his owner had me put their phone number into my cell phone, so I could call them later in the day to get info on his breeder," Julie explains, detailing her search for the Perfect Puppy. "When I went to call, the number wasn't there!"

But Auntie J., as you know, is undaunted in the face of frustration. "I was scanning a site called Gun Dog Breeders, and found a place in Minnesota that had puppies," Julie recalls. "I clicked on 'Puppies Available,' and it was all over! I called them at 8 p.m. Saturday Night, and at 7 a.m. the next morning, Uncle Lynn and Soccer Boy were on their way to pick up Rowdy."

"Luckily, the breeder met them halfway, which was about a five-hour drive for each of them, one way!" Julie says. "He had to drive through a snowstorm. They met in Minneapolis. What a good looking dog! Rowdy sleeps through the night, on Soccer Boy's bed with our Yellow Lab, Moses, who had hardly eaten since Trouble died October 11. But he's eating again, and playing ball with the puppy. Depression in dogs is very real!"


Please note that the above pic is my contribution to this week's Friday Foto Fiesta Finish, hosted by the Ever-Charming Candid Carrie. Welcome to the family, Rowdy! Have you tried Pop'rs on your Puppy Chow yet?

18 comments:

This Mom said...

I can see why it was love at first site.

Anonymous said...

What a great looking puppy! Makes me miss those days when my girl was that small....
Happy Friday!

Unknown said...

Awwwww - so cute.... I love those puppy days.

I'm glad they were able to get a new friend!

Tara R. said...

Awww... he's adorable! I love the name too. Congrats on the new addition. I hope Rowdy has a long, happy life with the Pop'rs Family!

Susie said...

Toooo cute!!

Breanne said...

Super cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh sooo CUTE! I am jealous! I love puppies!

Angela DeRossett said...

Awwww, what a cute pooch!

Candid Carrie said...

I love puppy breath! Yankee Candles needs to make Puppy Breath wax tarts!

Thanks for participating again and are you ready for the snow this weekend? I don't think we even put the shovels away this past season because the kids are shoveling the leaves out of our driveway right now.

careysue said...

What a cute puppy...hide the shoes and stuffed animals! ha

We're ready to get another dog after losing our beloved pet Lola just this passed August!

Mommy Mary said...

Springers are some of the most loving dogs out there, a little energetic, but sweet.

Congrats on your new "baby"

Marrdy said...

Rowdy is a cute little thing. He wants me, I can tell.

Michelle said...

Oh what a cutie pie! I love looking at and playing with puppies :)

And the weird thing? Little Miss's birthday is August 1. And Mister Man's birthday is October 11. Freaky, no?

Rhonda said...

Oh, he is so sweet! And I love the name!!! I'm glad he helped get the other one out of the funk!

Anonymous said...

Awww.....Rowdy is precious!!!!

My Grandma had a dog named Rowdy when I was little.....one of the best dogs ever!!!

I totally believe animals can get depressed.....animals have feelings...I mean....do they not love unconditionally? That's why we should all treat them with more respect. But I know I'm not telling the Pop'rs family anything they don't already know.....

Have a great weekend....and Congratulations on the new addition to the family!

Kally said...

OMG, what a cute little guy! I am so glad to hear that Moses loves his new friend and in better spirits.

Caution/Lisa said...

There is nothing like a puppy! Congrats on that beautiful little guy!

Teri said...

Such a beautiful and sweet puppy!