Saturday, September 13, 2008

Once More to the Lake

With temps going down into the 40s at night, and Autumn making its presence felt pretty strongly, Aunt Julie, The Pop'r Queen, along with Big Bear and Soccer Boy, two of The Pop'rs Cousins, took one last spin around Lake Winnebago last weekend.

"The thermometer's dipping and the trees are starting to change,," Auntie J. lamented. "The lake cools off pretty quickly this time of year. I think this was our last trip out this season." The Crew is seriously considering getting the boat winterized until next year. But with the fickle temps in Northeastern Wisconsin--It's supposed to be in the mid-70s today, for instance--they could consider keeping their vessel afloat at least long enough for my gals to try it out, right?

And, speaking of College Girl and The Wild One, they made it to Aunt Julie's house last night. Sounded like their fannies were draggin' from the drive, but we're happy that they landed safely.

Quote of the Day: Moker, who, as the Alpha Male at Our House tends sometimes to sound a tad macho, had something so sweet to say about the gals' departure. "It was so hard to let them go this morning," he sighed. He'll be out at Larry U., though, for Parents' Weekend in October. Countin' Down the Days 'til then!

9 comments:

Dawn said...

Yay for one more trip to the lake! I'm glad the girls made it ok!

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhonda said...

Our boat is done for the year. I love fall, but our winters are soooo long! Last year we had 7 1/2 months of it!!! That doesn't leave a whole lot of time for the other seasons to slip in there!

Ritch in Love said...

This is the BEST time of year! I bet WI is gorgeous in the Fall!

Melissa B. said...

They look like they're having So. Much. Fun! I'm a tad sad, too, that summer's pretty much over...

Melissa B. said...

BTW, on a completely different subject, it's that time of week again--Silly Sunday Sweepstakes time. Come on over and play along!

Melisa S. said...

I love fall! Too bad here in GA it comes and goes way to quickly for my taste. Give me some fallen leaves, a pumpkin and apple cider and I am a vey happy girl. Throw in a pumpkin spice latte for my morning and you've made my day! :D

Looks like the last trip was a hit!

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly, already down to the 40's at night??!?! YIKES!!

Tiff said...

wow trips to the lake..I have not been really anywhere yet this summer..it is still hot hot hot down here in VA so I have sometime to hit the lake a few more times...cute picture!