Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Care for Some Carrot Cake?

Aunt Julie, The Pop'r Queen, is at it again, Dear Readers. Remember, she's the one who's always on top of things in the kitchen. Didn't that Blueberry Pie just make your summer? What about the Strawberry Rhubarb number? And the Summer Block Party Chicken Salad? Did you positively salivate over Aunt Julie's Strawberry Salad? And who could forget that delightful Sherbet Watermelon, or the actually Good-For-You Fruit Pizza? But of course, I can't sing Aunt Julie's praises without mentioning the Taffy Bars, which are just perfect for Fall!


Aunti J., she of so many accomplishments, whipped up a Dee-LISH Carrot Cake recipe that's certain to please everyone in my household, for sure! Julie first wanted me to remind you that you only have Two. Days. Left to enter The Great New Pop'rs Giveaway. Don't miss out on your chance to be a Grand Prize Winner! We're pickin' two of 'em, ya know!!

I don't know about you, but Carrot Cake's my fave. Especially, when we use Aunt Julie's recipe!

Aunt Julie's Carrot Cake
2 cups sugar
1 ½ c. vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 cup coconut
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup chopped walnuts

Bake at 350 degrees in two 8" layers (sprayed with non-stick spray) for 45-50 minutes. I make a recipe-and-a-half, to get three layers, and make a really high, impressive cake! Decorate with Cream Cheese Frosting.

Aunt Julie's Cream Cheese Frosting
8 ounces cream cheese, softened (not low-fat!)
1 cup butter, soft (2 sticks)
1 tsp. vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar
(Be sure to make extra frosting, if you make three layers!)

Aunt Julie, you've done it again. How many of you think Auntie J. should start a recipe blog? I sure do!

21 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh. Sigh. Does she deliver?

Dawn said...

That really looks good! And yes, she needs a recipe blog!

Deanna said...

I think I could lick my computer screen! Maybe I shouldn't admit that.

Melissa B. said...

Several years ago I shared the same birthday as one of my students. Every year (she was a journalista, so I had her in class 4 years in a row) we'd share Carrot Cake on May 13 (hint, hint). She just graduated from college, so that makes her 22. I need to find her so we can renew our tradition next spring!

Claremont First Ward said...

Looks HEAVENLY!

Anonymous said...

I love carrot cake, thanks for the fabulous recipe!!

Hope all's well back in the classroom- going okay over here, but my feet HURT! I'm not used to being up on my feet all day, in HIGH HEELS! I need more comfy shoes. :-)

Blog Stalker said...

I am more of a cheesecake fan! Okay A BIG cheesecake fan, but you almost have me sold on this carrot cake. Yummy!

Unknown said...

oh, yum that looks so good!

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

Oh, you've found my weakness! I adore carrot cake! My mouth is watering right now! If it wasn't after 9PM, I'd be in my car on the way to a bakery right now.

Just Lisa said...

Oh, yeah! Please send some immediately! I'll be here waiting...

Anonymous said...

Oh....my mom is gonna love this recipe!!! Thanks for posting it.....and the links to all the others again......I had forgotten about that fruit pizza I wanted to make.

Leslie said...

I am so going to have to make that now! LOVE carrot cake! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Unknown said...

Dear Blogstalker* I have a great
cheesecake recipe, too, if you want it...I'd make it now, but it feeds an army! Keep watching.

Julie said...

that looks so great! I am so excited and I am going to the grocery store tonight, so I am going to get the ingredients for this!!! YUMMY Wow...
Thanks for stopping by my blog today and touring Hungary!!!!

Lula! said...

I love carrot cake and ANY cream cheese recipe which states, "not low-fat!" Aw, yeah...bring it on!

Maddy said...

I am always looking for the perfect carrot cake recipe.

Thank you.

Cheers

Cheryl Ann said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog--I can't remember if I have left you one yet, but I am back for more if I have already! I loooove carrot cake. Adore it. Thanks for the recipe ;)

leezee52 said...

Thanks for the recipe!

Thanks so much for visiting me on my special day…I could hardly sleep last night I was so excited!

Lee :)

KKJD1 said...

Looks delish! Sure wish I was there to get a bite. Can you tell I dont like to cook myself? Oh well, I might just have to, cause that looks just to good to pass on. Blessings, karen

Marrdy said...

Oh yum, I am going to try this. Love carrot cake!

Lynda said...

Oh yeah... carrot cake is my fav, too!