Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Farewell, September!

The breezes taste
Of apple peel.
The air is full
Of smells to feel-
Ripe fruit, old footballs,
Burning brush,
New books, erasers,
Chalk, and such.
The bee, his hive,
Well-honeyed hum,
And Mother cuts
Chrysanthemums.
Like plates washed clean
With suds, the days
Are polished with
A morning haze.
~John Updike~
And Congrats to our Tuesday Winner! Uncle Lynn selected Mrs. 4444 by Random Drawing. She wins her choice of two flavors of Pop'rs, the good-for-you seasoning that encourages everyone to Eat. Their Veggies! And their yogurt, their milk, and their tacos, too! Uncle Lynn wanted me to remind you that Pop'rs are only available online--they're not in stores yet! And, they come in eight delicious flavors: Buffalo, Butter, Chocolate, Colorbust, Cinnamon, Raspberry, Strawberry and Taco.

E-mail me your info, Mrs. 4444, and Uncle Lynn will get the Pop'rs you Prefer right on out to ya! And, Don't Forget: We'll be announcing three more winners this week, and a Grand Prize Winner on Saturday!

The pic above, BTW, is of The Wild One (third from the left, in the blue jacket and polka-dotted pants) on a pre-school field trip many Septembers ago. The poem is by John Updike, one of Veggie Mom's favorite authors. His Rabbit series won him two Pulitzer Prizes, and my undying loyalty, too!

11 comments:

Dawn said...

I love the picture!! How cute! And congrats to your winner!

Kathy said...

Love the poem.

Amanda Wells said...

Love the poem - my sentiments exactly.

Melissa B. said...

What a cute, cute, cute snap! I love the fall, & I love John Updike, too. The Rabbit books are rich!

AJ @ A Little Bit Nutty said...

Great Poem! I love Fall!

Lynda said...

And I didn't even know John Updike wrote poetry...thank you!

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture! I love September.....starting to get cool....but not too cool yet!

Congrats to Mrs. 4444!!!!

Deanna said...

That is the cutest picture! I love, love Fall!

Marrdy said...

Such a cute picture!!

Unknown said...

I just stopped in to say Thank You for stopping by for the BATW tour the other day. I really enjoyed having so many visitors.

Tracy P. said...

Love the poem AND the picture. Sweet!!!