Sunday, August 24, 2008

Veggie Mom Exposé: Six Random Quirky Things

It's that time again, folks! Angela, over at Memoirs of a Chaotic Mommy, got the ball rolling by *tagging* me for a "Six Quirky Quirks" *meme.* I'd been dutifully compiling my list, when Channah, of Get a Grip, Mom! got in on the action, too, *tagging* me for "Six Random Things." Similar, but totally different, if ya know what I mean!

You know where this is headed, right? How 'bout a "Six Random Quirky Things About Me" *meme*? And I'ma gonna take it this time, folks, since Aunt Julie is resting up for the onslaught of entries to our Great New Pop'rs Giveaway. Didja see that Uncle Lynn's Giveaway was featured on SITS this morning? You Rock, Ladies! And remember, Faithful Readers: You can't win if you don't play!

So, without further delay, here are the Rules for our Little Ol' *Meme*:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules to your blog.
3. Write 6 random, quirky things about yourself and post 'em!
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.

Six Random, Quirky Things About Moi? Let's see now...

1. I can say the alphabet backwards. My Nana taught me when I was 4.
2. I detest lima beans. Absolutely abhor them. Won't even look at them! If some are sitting on a plate near me, I. Will. Leave. The. Room!
3. I am a Cat Lady Extraordinaire. If it weren't for The Hubby, Moker, I'd have a lot more Feline Friends than two! One of my kitties, BTW, is pictured for this post. And you need to stay tuned this week...Moker's gonna be my Guest Blogger on Tuesday. It'll be a wild ride, for sure!
4. I put peanuts in my Coke. Seriously. Did you ever hear the song "Country When Country Wasn't Cool" by Barbara Mandrell? That's Your Veggie Mom, in a nutshell!
5. I usually count the stairs that I'm either ascending or descending. Some say I might be a tad OCD. Ya think?
6. I used to adore the Green Bay Packers. But Brett's a Jet now. So I've ordered my #4 jersey, in a different color green. Go, Jets!

That's all, folks! Except for that *tagging* business, which is such an important part of *memes*! So, then, here we go. Tag, You're It!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful kitty...kind of looks like Pleasing procrastinator's kitty, only shorter hair! That's the 3rd time in the past 2 weeks that I have heard of putting peanuts in coke! Would love to try it but I gave up pop back in the 80's....I know ...wierd huh?!

Candid Carrie said...

Six Random Quirky Things? How will I stop at six!

1. I was a radical child from the moment I was born. My full name is Carrie Susan.

Why is that radical? Well, I was born and baptized Catholic in the late fifties and neither one of those names belong to a saint ... well, until now I guess ;)

2. My grandmother's name is Alvina Rose. She was born October 7th and is left handed.

My adopted daughter's name is Arianna Rose. She was born October 7th and is left handed. Alright, that isn't a quirk about me but anyway you look at it those two people are huge to me so it is about me after all ;)

3. I have seven cats. Kevin, Roger, Donna, Celene, Dennis the Minus, Mango, and Tiger Lilly. Kevin was rescued from our woods and the rest were adopted from a rescue program.

4. I have five litter boxes that I clean three times a day (see item three above.)

5. This is the 22nd consecutive year that I have had to do back to school shopping.

By the time the youngest graduates from high school I will have been at this back to school gig for 34 consecutive years.

And as soon as my youngest gets to middle school, I will still be watching Christmas pagaents because my granddaughter Grace will be the star on the stage for the next twelve years ;)

6. I will not wash any dishes that were used to fry, scramble or poach eggs. That is the most horrific task anyone can ask of me. G R O S S

7. Metal on metal is the worst sound in all of the universe to me. Nails on a chalkboard is easy peasy compared to someone scraping a kettle with a metal spoon.

Can I stop now?

Caroline said...

Thanks for tagging me, but I JUST did this and I am fresh out of quirks to write about. Although I will tell you, check in tomorrow (Mon) morning to see a video of one of my quirks! I am highly amused by it.

Melissa B. said...

You COUNT the steps as you're coming and going? That just MIGHT be a tad OCD, do ya think? And how, pray tell, did you ever learn the alphabet backwards? Did you know it the correct way first? BTW, don't forget it's Sunday, and you know what THAT means--S4 is underway today!

Rhonda said...

Why do you count the stairs? Do you think some of them are running away when you aren't looking? Perhaps bringing over some friends? lol

Anonymous said...

I also count stairs. I have never met anyone who can say the alphabet backwards. My grandsons would love to hear that!

Channah said...

LOL, glad you saw my post tagging you, since I forgot to tag everyone yesterday!
Good quirks!

Melisa S. said...

I just did one like this a little while back...but let's see if I can think of 6 new things:

1. I love all types of music and have 4000 songs on my ipod to prove it.

2. I've never broken a bone in my body, but have gotten enough bleeding boo-boo's to last a lifetime.

3. I can randomly get a song stuck in my head even if I don't have a radio on.

4. It bothers me to be called ma'am.

5. I hate to cook...but when I do the food usually comes out great.

6. I enjoy sleeping more than most people...I think! :)

Rhea said...

That's a great picture of your cat! I love kitties but can't have one because my hubby is allergic. :o(

Cute six things. I count stairs sometimes too.

Gina said...

Well, I have CDO. It's like OCD but with the letters all in order. Like they should be.
HAHAHA! I love that one!

Anonymous said...

peanuts in coke?
you mean, just whole peanuts in coke? just like that? peanuts?

Genny said...

Fun post. I had to laugh at the peanut part! Never heard of that before.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that kitty looks like my Fuzzy Butt...I miss him.