Friday, August 15, 2008

A Crunchy Sort of Salad

The night before we left the beach, Aunt Julie, she of Blueberry and Strawberry Rhubarb Pie fame (not to mention Summer Block Party Chicken Salad, Strawberry Salad with Caramelized Nuts, Sherbet Watermelon, and Fruit Pizza) whipped up this delicious Broccoli Slaw Salad for The Pop'rs Cousins, Aunts and Uncles. The crunchy, slightly spicy addition of the Ramen Noodles gives this dish a very special kick!


Aunt Julie's Broccoli Slaw Salad

Salad mixture
1 bag broccoli slaw mix
2 bunches green onions
1 cup chopped celery

Dressing
¾ cup oil
½ cup sugar
Seasoning from two Beef Ramen Noodles packages

Mix the dressing together. Pour over the salad mixture. Add two packages of crumbled Beef Ramen Noodles and one cup salted sunflower seeds just before serving. Enjoy!

14 comments:

Nik said...

That sounds VERY interesting to say the least in an appetizing sort of way. I may have to try this!

Lula! said...

We just had this on Thursday night! I hate broccoli, but I'll at the broccoli slaw. My husband's office staff came over for a cookout/swim party on Thursday night and one of his secretaries made this for the meal...it was delicious!

Maybe I'd like broccoli if I had some delicious Pop'rs to sprinkle over it. Hmmmmmmmmm...

Breanne said...

Sounds yummy - I eat broccoli slaw by itself so this will be much better

Just Lisa said...

We eat something very similar when we go camping. One of the few times my husband will eat Ramen!

Rhonda said...

Yum! Looks great!

Thanks for stopping by today! I'm VERY excited about winning something! Wahooooo!

Melissa B. said...

This is really good stuff! You know what Aunt Julie needs to do? I don't know if you've considered it, but starting a recipe blog might really be a good idea. Your SIL has so many good ones to share!

Melissa B. said...

Oh, I almost forgot--BTW, The Scribe is back online, and we're hosting the Silly Summer Sunday Sweepstakes again tomorrow. Please come by and Share the Caption Love!

Unknown said...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

you are fantastic!!!

really nice blog
fabulous fantastic

Christina Lee said...

OMG, I love this recipe- my family makes it all the time!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I've made this before and love it! It's a great dish to take to a potluck - I rarely have any leftover when I make it. blessings, marlene

Deanna said...

This is one of our favorites and it is sooo good the next day too!

Genny said...

I absolutely love broccoli! That salad looks fabulous.

Anonymous said...

This sounds YUMMY!!!

sassy stephanie said...

This is one of my hubby's fave salads, only we add toasted slivered almonds instead of sunflower seeds. I am trying to find a way to cut the sugar but keep the taste. Don't do the fake sweeteners though.