Thanks to Heather, over at Nobody-But-Yourself. She's given me the greatest way to bloggily celebrate The Wild One's 18th Birthday! Methinks this is a *meme*, of sorts. If you'd like to play along, please comment here, then answer the questions on your blog. As always, I'd greatly appreciate a Bloggy Link Back!
- If you had a theme song, what would it be? "Wild Thing," by the Trogs, I do believe. The first line in the song goes, "Wild Thing. You make my heart sing. You make everything--groovy. Wild Thing." For those of you who are too young for The Trogs (and, believe me, I'm almost too young for The Trogs!), they were a One-Hit Wonder Band who came out with this fanTAbulous novelty song When the World Was Very Young.
- What TV show does your life most resemble? Well, she wishes it was "The Gilmore Girls." But it's getting more like "As the World Turns" every day. Remember, she's just 18--"Drama" is her middle name!
- What's your favorite all-time comic strip? As the child's mother, I can say with authority that it's not Superman, Spiderman or Batman. When she was young, she chose all the Pink People, like that gal on Power Rangers. She went to see "Transformers" last summer, which surprised me, but she went with a boy, after all! We occasionally share "Peanuts" strips; she likes Snoopy and Woodstock. I think, though, that she's more like Lucy. LOL, darlin'--it's only a little ol' *meme*!
- What's a great song to crank up with the windows down while driving around in the summer? Anything by The Spice Girls. She went to see them in concert a couple of months ago. To say they Spice Up Her Life is an understatement. We're talking three different ring tones, and the Fantastic Five are part of every mix CD she makes these days!
- The ice cream truck has just pulled up. You've got a crisp, cool $5 bill in your hand (in other words, plenty o' cash for whatever's on the menu). What do you get? She keeps the fiver and asks Daddy to buy her a cone! And he says "sure," like he always does!
- What was the last movie you saw at a drive-in theater? Pretty sure The Wild One has never been to a drive-in. But I'ma gonna say "Grease," only because that's the one she'd want to watch in such '50s ambiance!
Happy Birthday to The Wild One. And, remember, sweetie: You'll always be my little girl!