Saturday, August 2, 2008

Saturday Six: Remember The Wild One

Thanks to Heather, over at Nobody-But-Yourself. She's given me the greatest way to bloggily celebrate The Wild One's 18th Birthday! Methinks this is a *meme*, of sorts. If you'd like to play along, please comment here, then answer the questions on your blog. As always, I'd greatly appreciate a Bloggy Link Back!

  1. If you had a theme song, what would it be? "Wild Thing," by the Trogs, I do believe. The first line in the song goes, "Wild Thing. You make my heart sing. You make everything--groovy. Wild Thing." For those of you who are too young for The Trogs (and, believe me, I'm almost too young for The Trogs!), they were a One-Hit Wonder Band who came out with this fanTAbulous novelty song When the World Was Very Young.

  2. What TV show does your life most resemble? Well, she wishes it was "The Gilmore Girls." But it's getting more like "As the World Turns" every day. Remember, she's just 18--"Drama" is her middle name!

  3. What's your favorite all-time comic strip? As the child's mother, I can say with authority that it's not Superman, Spiderman or Batman. When she was young, she chose all the Pink People, like that gal on Power Rangers. She went to see "Transformers" last summer, which surprised me, but she went with a boy, after all! We occasionally share "Peanuts" strips; she likes Snoopy and Woodstock. I think, though, that she's more like Lucy. LOL, darlin'--it's only a little ol' *meme*!

  4. What's a great song to crank up with the windows down while driving around in the summer? Anything by The Spice Girls. She went to see them in concert a couple of months ago. To say they Spice Up Her Life is an understatement. We're talking three different ring tones, and the Fantastic Five are part of every mix CD she makes these days!

  5. The ice cream truck has just pulled up. You've got a crisp, cool $5 bill in your hand (in other words, plenty o' cash for whatever's on the menu). What do you get? She keeps the fiver and asks Daddy to buy her a cone! And he says "sure," like he always does!

  6. What was the last movie you saw at a drive-in theater? Pretty sure The Wild One has never been to a drive-in. But I'ma gonna say "Grease," only because that's the one she'd want to watch in such '50s ambiance!

Happy Birthday to The Wild One. And, remember, sweetie: You'll always be my little girl!

8 comments:

Caroline said...

Happy Birthday to your Wild One. She sounds like a fun girl. Grease would totally be a great movie to watch at a drive in. There's one not too far from here that plays double features of current movies. Me and Mr. Baseball are going to have to check in on that one.

Henry said...

i love your answer for #5!

Heather said...

Woo! Thanks for playing! Love your adapted answers and happy bday to the Wild One! :)

Cheers!

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

Happy Birthday to the Wild One!

I enjoyed the meme :)

Melisa S. said...

Happy Birthday to the Wild One!

18...I believe I bought lottery tickets that day, just cause I could. Talk about wild and crazy.

Tracy P. said...

Happy Birthday, Wild One! We've got some Snoopy and Woodstock lovers over here too!

Gramma 2 Many said...

Day late Happy Birthday. Did not make it in yesterday to wish you a happy one. Hope it was great and you got all of the gifts you wanted.

must not be blank said...

I did the Meme and linked back to you. I figured out how to do a hyperlink all by myself!! Yay!! I'm so proud!!