Friday, August 1, 2008

She'll Purr For You, Too!

Meet Patch. She's 13--that's 91 in cat years! She rules the roost at our house. But We. Have. A. Problem. Aunt Julie, The Pop'r Queen, is coming to visit, and she's deathly allergic to cats!


We picked up Patch in 1996 at the local Animal Shelter, when she was a year old. Mama Cat, our kitty of 21 years, had just died. The girls wanted another companion.

Patch doesn't do much anymore but lie around. Oh, and she purrs like a motorboat gearing up for a race across the pond--you can hear her Evinrude running from clear across the room! She does like to go out and wander in the garden. And sometimes her curiosity gets the best of her, and she ends up locked in the neighbor's garage!

This Pretty Kitty officially belongs to The Wild One, who took this photo, BTW. But you know who feeds her, grooms her and tidies up after her, right? Dear Old Mom. That would be me!

Aunt Julie loves Patch, too. But she gets all sneezy, and runny, with swollen throat and eyes, as soon as she comes in our house! Soccer Boy, too, gets the sneezles around Patch. But his favorite thing to do when he's here is haul that kitty around. He buries his face in her thick fur, and they purr to each other. Never mind that Soccer Boy ends up with swollen eyes, just like his mom. He and Patch are dear friends.

Remind me to stock up on lots and lots of Allegra and Benadryl for the impending visit. A good time is guaranteed for all!

14 comments:

KWolfAK said...

What a cut kitty!

Unknown said...

Just seeing this photo makes me sneeze! Looking forward to the trip...Achoooo

Nik said...

Awwww - what a sweetheart! I'm allergic to several kinds of animals (cats and horses mostly) but I can't help lovin on them when I'm around them. Of course, I am CONSTANTLY grooming horses so I have 'day afters' that aren't always fun.

Thanks for sharing Patch!

Teri said...

I am TOTALLY impressed with how long your kitties hang around on this earth. Is it that they are consuming Pop'rs? :-)

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

I LOVE gray kitties!!

Marrdy said...

I love kitties! If my hubby wasn't "deadly allergic" too, I would babysit for you.

Tara said...

What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Looks precious. I can't imagine what would happen if I was allergic. I have had a cat since I was around 7 or 8. Haven't been without one since that time.

misty said...

Aww, so cute. She does look a lot like my Happy. Hope you all have a good time and there isn't too much sneezing. lol

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

What a gorgeous cat! Yes, do make sure to stock up on allergy tablets :)

Me, I could cuddle cats all day!

Melisa S. said...

How cute is that cat?! Yay to you all for rescuing her.

I thought this was going to be a post about how she will be locked in a room until you guest are gone and I'm so glad it wasn't! :D I appreciate people that can respect your home as being animal friendly, even when it drives their allergies crazy!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet kitty! Sad everyone seems to be allergic.

Connie said...

Awwww ... we had two cats back in the day but now we have a dog. She's a handful but ohhh the things we do for our pets.

Anonymous said...

Snuggling with a kitty is worth all the sneezing and watery eyes...of course, I'm not allergic, so I can say that!

That is a great picture...I have a devil of a time getting a good one of my black cat. It just doesn't seem to do him justice!