Wednesday, August 27, 2008

On, Wisconsin!

Thanks to Debbie over at Blog Around the World for the great chance to showcase my Guest-Blogger and Hubby, Moker, and all the Wonders of The Badger State. I've responded to everyone's comments, except for the couple of you whose blogs weren't accessible. I've had So. Much. Fun visiting everyone and blog-chatting the last couple of days!

Don't forget, everyone, to enter The Great New Pop'rs Giveaway. It runs through September 5th. Remember: You can't win if you don't enter!

As Aunt Julie, The Pop'r Queen, correctly pointed out, Moker left out a couple of key points yesterday. To recap:

  • Moker, along with Aunt Julie and the rest of their family, hails from Chippewa Falls, WI. CF is the home to Leinenkugel's Beer--Grab a Leinie's today! This Northwest Wisconsin burg claims to have the "purest & softest water in the world, from the Big Eddy Springs" just outside of town.
  • Chippewa Falls is also famous On the Big Screen. CF was the movie hometown of Diane Keaton in that 1970s classic, "Annie Hall." And who could forget that Leonardo DiCaprio's character hailed from Chippewa Falls in "Titanic"?
  • Aunt Julie and Uncle Lynn now live in Neenah, WI, home of the Rockets, and Lynn's hometown. It's also where Kimberly-Clark was born, on the shores of Lake Winnebago in Northeastern Wisconsin. Many of the "Paper Baron" mansions still line the lake, including the manse of the woman who once controlled the corporation, and who referred to herself as "The Kotex Queen." Seriously!
  • Pop'rs are made in Uncle Lynn's plant, up the highway in Wrightstown, WI, near Green Bay. And remember: The Only Place you can buy Pop'rs is online from Uncle Lynn. Click here to find out how!
  • Yup, All The Pop'rs Cousins are Green Bay Packers Fans! There's still a little bit of debate about the consequences of Brett Becoming a Jet, but All Six of the PC will be wearing the Green and Gold this season!
  • Moker also forgot to mention that College Girl will be a senior at Lawrence University in lovely Appleton, WI, this year. Her little sis', The Wild One, will be a freshman. We Love Larry U.! Goooooooooooo, Vikings!

9 comments:

Meichelle said...

Hi! I found your blog through Now Entering Momville...
I have a blog, http://nowwhatdoyouthinkaboutthat.blogspot.com/, and I am hosting a bunch of giveaways for baby and toddler. You should check it out!

Unknown said...

#1 - I LOVE Leinie's... that's my favorite beer and I was SO glad to find it here in North Carolina!!

#2 - Oh... the sweet irony of a post all about Wisconsin ending in... GO Vikings :)

Brian and Staci said...

I'm goin to enter the giveaway right now! Gotta try this stuff!

Dawn said...

I'm glad you got lots of visitors!! I have really enjoyed it too!

Melissa B. said...

We Love Leinies! I think it became more widely available when the Miller Brewing Co. bought it, right? Lizzy's comment about the irony in a Cheesehead cheering a Vike is funny, too. The English Teacher in me is always looking for a Good Teachable Moment!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

YA - a fellow Cheesehead (or at least I was one for 24 years til I moved away from the snow to NC). Green and Gold still pour through our veins and it was so fun to visit my home state.

Candid Carrie said...

Careful, Jessica Wilson from The Wilson's House bleeds scarlet because she is in Ohio. She's been leaking her Ohio-isms all over my Wisconsin blog and you are lucky she hasn't found you over here!

When you say, WIS CON SIN, you've said it all.

Picture me doing the polka and now the Pee Wee Herman dance to the Tequila song.

Oh, and Go Marquette ;) ... my son's a freshman there.

And yeah, Johnsonville ;)

Did I cover everything? Let me know1

Aubrey said...

So good to hear you had a great BATW day!!
Thanks for stopping by my place today for a tour of Colorado! Hope to see you back soon!

JWilson said...

Let me first introduce myself, I am Jessica Willson (Jess) from The Wilson's House. Yep the one Carrie was talking about. I'm pretty sure she was daring me to come visit you today because she sent me an email about how she commented on someone's blog about my bleeding Scarlet and Gray. I don't think she thought I would fing you but I did.

So here I am spreading the Buckeye Love to another Badger, just don't make the same mistake Carrie made and eat the buckeye. It's poisonous if not prepared properly.

On a differnt note I love your blog and you have taught me a few things I did not know about your state, so thank you.