Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pumpkin Sitting

"I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."
~Henry David Thoreau~

More of Aunt Julie's artistry at work here. I'd never heard of White Pumpkins until I saw these at her house!

Congrats are in order for Vicki, proprietress of Best Posts of the Week, who also runs Not So SAHM. Coincidentally, she's also a former high school classmate of one of our previous winners, Lula. Read their tandem Flashback Friday Posts here and here! Vicki was selected at random from among our countless Giveaway Contestants. She wins Two Pop'rs Flavors of Her Choice! Uncle Lynn wanted me to remind you that Pop'rs are only available online--they're not in stores yet! And, they come in eight delicious flavors: Buffalo, Butter, Chocolate, Colorbust, Cinnamon, Raspberry, Strawberry and Taco.

So, Vicki, Dear, please e-mail me your info, and Uncle Lynn will get those Pop'rs right out to ya! And stay tuned, everyone; we've got three more Days of Pop'rs Prizes, including our Grand Prize Winner on Saturday!

16 comments:

Vicki said...

AAAGGGHHHH!!!! I'm so excited! I can tell I'm going to become a fan. Hmmm, what flavors should I pick? Does anyone out there have favorites I just have to try?
Veggie Mom, I'm pretty indecisive so...just letting you know...I'll do my best to make up my mind quickly :)

must not be blank said...

We don't have white pumpkins here...but I did see them a lot in Virginia when we lived there.
I can't believe it is October already. Where did the year go?

Unknown said...

i love those pumpkins! the white one looks great with the other ones

Nik said...

Oh wow - look at that! All I can say is AHHHHHHHHHH FAllllll.

Dawn said...

Congratulations to your winner!! I am not giving up though!!!

Angela DeRossett said...

I only saw white pumpkins for the first time today! How funny!

Sandi McBride said...

I love white pumpkins...I like a nice mixture of white pale orange (cooking pumpkins) and deep orange amongst the corn shocks! Love that picture!
Sandi

Genny said...

Thanks so much for stopping by...I hope you join in "My One Month"!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pumpkins - I've never seen the white ones either!

Thanks for sticking with me through the last week - it's been awesome all the support I've received from my bloggy friends!!

Claremont First Ward said...

Love Vicki and Lula. ANd, I'm loving that WHITE pumpkin.

Tracy P. said...

Yea Vicki! And there's still time for me to win! (Uncle Lynn didn't accidentally lose my entry did he?)

My butterfly was perched on some salvia.

Jen said...

Where did white come from? Is it the new thing this fall?
Thanks for stopping by on Monday. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Enjoy the rest of your week.

Melisa S. said...

You really know how to make me smile! I love gourds!!

Mrs4444 said...

What a wonderful quote; I love it! And your display is lovely, too :)

Kathy said...

I like the pumpkin and mum arrangement you have. It is very eye catching.

Brandy said...

I thought the white pumpkin was painted! Oh I have a lot to learn.

Painted or not, it's a gorgeous fall arrangement. I'm hoping to get my decorations out this weekend so this is just the inspiration needed.