Friday, October 24, 2008

Does it Bug You?

Mark and Jan, the owners of the Alpacas down in Southwestern Wisconsin, got married last weekend. Aunt Julie, Uncle Lynn and The Pop'rs Cousins were in attendance. Here's Julie Eliz's Report:

"Not even an infestation of Asian Beetles could dampen the mood," Julie says. "I was stressed about the bugs falling into the chocolate fountain, but the Relaxed Bride said, 'People pay a lot of money for chocolate-coated bugs.' So we put an umbrella over the fountain."

A lovely time was had by all. Speaking of which, you'll have a blast your own self if you Play Along With Candid Carrie's Friday Foto Fiesta Finish! I'm certainly glad I did!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Lordy I hate those things.. but very resourceful with the umbrella thing.

Sandi McBride said...

good grief...what's next, chocolate covered fire ants??? Congrats to the happy couple...October is a great month for Marriage vows!
Sandi

Anonymous said...

Wow--sounds tasty! :) haha Bugs was one thing I did not have to worry about at my wedding thankfully!

MediMonsters said...

How big do they get?? They look kind of small in that picture.

Stopping in from Candid Carrie--TFS!

Claremont First Ward said...

WOoA. That's some Asian beetle infestation!

Melissa B. said...

Eeeeeeeeewwwww...Your Humble Scribe detests insects of ANY kind! Glad y'all could continue with the festivities, though!

Kally said...

Sorry, I just can't do bugs. I've never liked them and never will.

What a brave bride to just suck it up and bring out the umbrella. Good for her! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree....good for her for not letting it "bug" her....HAR HAR HAR!!! Um, I wouldn't have eaten the chocolate covered bugs though....

must not be blank said...

I hate bugs!! Those look like ants, by the way. GROSS!!

AJ @ A Little Bit Nutty said...

No bugs for me please! Not even if they are smothered with butter or covered with chocolate.

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

Almost sounds Halloween-y! Hmm I'm not sure how much of a word "halloween-y" is. I just moved to Germany (and started a blog, too!), so I'm not sure my English skills are where they used to be.
Still know one word for sure for this post:
EWW!