Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Other Debate is Much More Heated!

While most of you were watching The Great Debate last night, a Debate of Another Color--actually, two colors, Green and Gold--was going on the Northeastern Wisconsin.


Time Warner Cable subscribers trying to tune in to the Green Bay Packers on the local Fox affiliate have been left in the dark. A dispute between the Green Bay TV station and Time Warner left 150,000 people without their Beloved Packers. Something about money. Isn't it always about money?

The cable company has been handing out free antennas to customers like Aunt Julie and Uncle Lynn. "Lots of drama here!" Aunt Julie says. "Time Warner actually is providing customers with free antennas, and has provided free hors d'œuvres at several local bars during last week's game, for fans who were forced to watch at a place other than home."

Julie Eliz says fans are pretty steamed. College Girl went over to a frat to watch the game. The Wild One, who was feeling under the weather, tried to listen to the game on the radio, but kept falling asleep. So she hit the hay early, instead. Anger and disappointment abound.

What's a Girl Gonna Do Without Her Packers?

12 comments:

Melissa B. said...

It's always about money, isn't it? Hope you get your Packers back soon. As for moi, I got my Brett Favre #4 NY Jets Jersey yesterday!!

Blog Stalker said...

Is there Packers after Favre? I know how frustrating it can be not being able to watch your team. My team(not the packers) is not my local team. I am subject to whatever the programmers put on. Good thing they have a lot of prime time games this year. I know I could buy the NFL sunday ticket, but no way I'm paying that much for a passtime, no matter how much I love it. Good luck with catching the next game.

Have a great day!

Caution/Lisa said...

They actually handed out antennas? That simply amazes me.

Ritch in Love said...

I'd have heart failure if I couldn't watch our UTES or our beloved Utah Jazz! Way to go Time Warner!

Anonymous said...

Yuck! Stupid cable companies. I wish they'd stop being babies and just give the PEOPLE what they want! And I don't know how you could live without the packers?! that's like going without breath.

Kally said...

Grrrr! Always about $$$$.

I can hardly believe the whole antennas and hors d'œuvres. What to expect next?

SuZ said...

Go Packers!

Marrdy said...

I have an idea..we should switch cable companies. Here in Utah we can watch the Packers (like Sunday's killer game) but at times not watch the Jazz. Someone is getting rich!

Ritch in Love said...

Wanted to tell you that YOU have been tagged and given an award all in one post! Come claim it!

Kally said...

Hey there, sending some Bloggy love your way. Come on by and check it out!

must not be blank said...

I didn't watch the debate the last time. I watched the first two and was not impressed at all.
And thank you for telling me that Kerry's wife was named Theresa. And you are right....they are all the same!!

Tracy P. said...

WHAT??!! No Packers? What are they thinking?