Friday, October 10, 2008

Nice Hair!

Alpacas
Alpacas are cool,
They have really warm wool,
Their favorite treat is grain,
But they don't like the rain,
They make a weird sound,
When something bad is going around,
They're so cute and cuddly,
Just like a baby puppy,
I love alpacas,
They are really cool.
~Cassandra (age 12)~

Borrowed from a site dedicated to Children's Poems About Alpacas. Another one of Aunt Julie's photos from Mark & Jan's place in Southwestern Wisconsin. You may recall the recent post that featured Mark and one of his Alpaca Buddies down on the farm. Or last Friday's F x 4 pic, of Big Bear and his Wooly Friend.

Speaking of Candid Carrie, we're part of her Friday Foto Fiesta Finish. Come along and join the fun!

12 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

I love Alpacas, I'd love to own one! Or two...
Sandi

Kathy said...

I enjoyed Cassandra's poem very much. The Alpaca could use a hair cut. ha ha

Lynda said...

They sure are cute!

Nik said...

LOL yeah - too funny, he doesn't look like he can see too well. But they just have the sweetest faces.

Susie said...

That's a great picture. I love alpaca. I gave my husband an alpaca rug before we were married. It was in front of our fireplace for the longest time:-)

Anonymous said...

He's a cutie! I don't know much about alpacas but they seem like a GREAT mammal! haha

Outnumbered2to1 said...

Careful...they spit. Or is that just camels?

Matt's Miscellany said...

Alpacas are sooo cool. We have a couple Alpaca farms around Indy. One time, Stacy [my wife] and I got into a conversation about why Alpacas are profitable. She said it was the wool, and I said it was the Alpaca milk. Unfortunately, she was right.

I mean who doesn't enjoy Alpaca milk!!!

LOL, Matt Q (Matt's Miscellany)

Mama Dawg said...

I want an Alpaca!

Unknown said...

i love that picture!!! and great poem.

don't forget to swing by and enter this week's giveaway

Vicki said...

Alpacas are cute, but I'm writing to let you know I got my two flav'rs of pop'rs today! I haven't made any veggies yet, but I have tried the cocoa flavor on apple slices and the taco seasoning on little chicken tenders and slices of cheese. You're right! They're so much fun! And being a child of the 80s I love the nostalgia of the popping!

Thanks for having the contest!

Anonymous said...

wonderful face!!!!