Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bling-Bling Went the Strings of My Heart

My long-time Bloggy Friend, Melissa B., honored me yesterday with a Very Special Award. She created The Superior Scribbler Award to commemorate her 200th Post over at The Scholastic Scribe. This is what she said about little ol' Veggie Mom: "She's walking that Delicate Tightrope between Personal & Public. She helps promote her BIL's Fun Company, while making sure everyone knows that Her Family Comes First. There's absolutely No Other Blog like hers Out There. And who ever heard of Goats Grazing on a Roof before she wrote about them? Here's to being One-of-a-Kind!"

Why thanks so much, Melissa B.! And now I have the responsibility of passing this Bit o' Bling along to five very deserving Bloggy Souls. But first, The Rules, as stipulated by the Award's Creator:

  1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
  2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
  3. Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
  4. Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit This Post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
  5. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

And now for the Hard Part. Veggie Mom hereby confers The Superior Scribbler Award upon The Following Bloggy Phenoms:

  1. Texas Word Tangle. I don't know how Rhea does it, but she does a great job! Her eclectic collection of thoughts, words and deeds is one of the most interesting reads in Cyberspace!
  2. Zander & Me. Z's Mom, Karla, is just amazing! And her dissertations on Zander, Life, Politics and Pop'rs (yes, she's a Pop'rs Pal!) are amazing, too!
  3. My Cup 2 Yours. I don't get over to see Genny as much as I should, but you all need to stop by to see her. This Gal Can Write, is all I'm sayin'...
  4. One Krazy Kat Lady. Well, besides the Awesome Alliteration in the title of her blog, Marrdy is a sweetheart with a lot on her mind. Her recent post about her friend's son returning from Iraq is both heart-wrenching and heart-warming! And if you can't tell, Marrdy's a Cat Woman--and Extra Plus!
  5. Fractured Toy. Ah, the Lovely Mannequin. She runs Giveaways Galore! She Rants! She Raves! Her Cryptic Comments will leave you in stitches if they don't leave you in tears! What's not to love?

Enjoy your Bling, ladies! It's been a pleasure, I'm sure!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ! You are certainly most deserving of that award. There is NO ONE quite like you! You come up with the most creative topics.

And Veggie Mom.... You threw me in there with all those witty pro bloggers? Egads; I'll be devoured!

So very kind of you to think of me; thank you so much. I am most honored.
I have the pleasure this week of passing along some awards; what fun!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Veggie Mom!!! Melissa B and Mannequin are right - you are absolutely deserving of this award. And how cute is this award??? You never seem to be at a loss for something to say and I love hearing about the POP'rs family....

Thank you for choosing me to receive this as well!!! Uggghh...I was in such a fog recently I hardly feel like I deserve it....um, but I'm TAKING it!!! :) Thank you....I will try very hard to follow the rules in passing this on... ;)

Laura Marchant said...

Congrats! What a great award!

Melissa B. said...

Great pics, Veggie! And thanks so much for weighing in on my Silly Sunday Sweepstakes-you were FIRST again! And always first with the folks over a The Scholastic Scribe, too. Have a lovely Sunday, Gal Pal!

Marrdy said...

Ah shucks! Thanks Veggie Mom. Don't ya just love Melissa? And her so cute kitty?? You are the best!

Dawn said...

Congratulations on the award!! I wanted to let you know that THE world's pickiest eater is coming to spend the night with me this weekend and I am so psyched to see how the Pop'rs work with him!!! I'll let you know!

Ritch in Love said...

That was such a nice compliment she gave you! And very true, your blog is one of a kind!

Genny said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved award! And thanks so much for thinking of me! I really appreciate the award, and the sweet words!

Marrdy said...

Oh my gosh!!! Veggie Mom are you watching this game?? Of course you are. Did you just see that 99 yards steal and TOUCHDOWN. Man, I wish you lived across the street...we would be outside doint high 5!!!

And everyone had pick the Colts. Neener, neener, neener!

Rhea said...

Congrats on receiving the award and THANK YOU SO MUCH for passing it along! You're so sweet! I'm so sorry I'm so tardy in picking it up.