Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ants in My Pants. Almost!

It's that time o' year again, folks. The weather starts to turn cold, then it warms back up again, then thinks it might be cool for awhile. Pretty schizophrenic, if ya ask me! Which makes All God's Critters that way, too.


This fall, we have a particular problem with Ants. Of the teeny-tiny, itsy-bitsy, infintessimal variety.

Nana used to call them Sugar Ants. Dette told us to put paprika out, or maybe Boric Acid, and they'd run away for sure. There are never too many at a time. Two. Three. Sometimes upwards of Eight. They annoy me no end!

Hubby sprays the counter with 409, and they're gone--at least for the day. I, well, I stick the old Index Finger out and smush the little buggers, One. At. A. Time!

I'm really not a cruel person. But this Cruel Stroke of nature drives me nuts!

12 comments:

Melissa B. said...

Oh, those dang ants! I get 'em, too. Love the cartoon, BTW. Have a Lovely Saturday!

Lynda said...

I have to agree with you - I can't stand those sugar ants!

Melissa B. said...

Another BTW...please don't forget S x 3 tomorrow. Gotta good one for ya!

Just say Julie said...

Ugh! We get those too. It drives me crazy to find them on the table, or the sink, or even in my laptop screen. Can't figure out how to get rid of them. I came by way of SITS. Trying to catch up on last weeks features.

Tara R. said...

We don't get 'sugar' ants as much as we do fire ants. Stinging little nuisances.

Kathy said...

This fall I'm fighting spiders (and I hate spiders) we have them everywhere. I'm going to have to go get some Home Defence spray and spray around our foundation, around the outside of the doors and windows, this stuff really works.

Alison said...

We get ants periodically. Then they go away for a while. I don't know what makes them come inside onto my kitchen counter.

Tracy P. said...

I got em! I was just in the middle of linking to you for my SITS blogathon post. Anyhoo, they came, and we just tried them tonight on our carrots. It was pretty cute! My kids were definitely asking for more veggies! Thanks bunches!

Jeanne Elle said...

I've had them in the past too. Luckily not very many...

Just Lisa said...

Although I usually don't get ants this time of year, we usually get them in the spring, and I hate them. Have you tried soapy water? A spray of soapy water is supposed to repel them (but I don't know, that could be a myth).

Melisa S. said...

I never realized this was the season for them...just figured we had a hole somewhere and they liked our decor! :)

Candid Carrie said...

A long time ago, in a different house, in a different marriage in a different millenium we had somehow forgot to put a piece of pizza in the fridge. I know we put it on the counter to cool before we covered it but never thought of it again.

The next moring it looked like the pizza was alive. It was covered with sugar ants (tinier than your standard brownish/reddish ant) and they were crawling so fast and so crazy and so frenzied.

In fact, just right now I was chewing a piece of gum and had to spit it out because I felt ill thinking about that moment in time.