Saturday, October 18, 2008

Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Banana?


The tag line of an old "Knock, Knock" joke. The real purpose of this post is two-fold.

First off, there's a Banana Shortage in Japan. In the past few months, banana sales have risen 70 percent in the Land of the Rising Sun due to The Morning Banana Diet, a weight loss craze that requires eating bananas for breakfast along with a glass of room- temperature water.

A Dole rep says he’s never witnessed such banana-mania. “People in Japan are rushing to the market to get their bananas before noon every day because after that, they’re all gone. The demand is crazy.”

Now to the actual Banana Morning Diet. Veggie Mom is not following this regimen, but is nevertheless fascinated by it:
  • Eat a banana for breakfast. Eat more than one, if you're still hungry. Eat only raw, uncooked, unfrozen fruit.
  • Eat anything you wish (including fried foods), as long as you're done with dinner by 8 p.m.
  • Really pay attention to your food's texture and taste as you chew.
  • No sweets before or after your meals. You may have a sweet snack (cookies, chocolate) around 3 p.m. Avoid ice cream, donuts and chips.
  • You may eat fresh fruit for your snack, but if you really want a legit sweet, go ahead and go for it.
  • Drink only room-temperature water. Mineral or filtered water are the best. Drink water in small sips, and never use it to wash down food.
  • Go to bed by midnight each night.
  • Don't put pressure on yourself to exercise. Exercise only if you want to.
  • Keep a diet journal. Document your weight loss and eating habits. Follow Reina's Blog as an example.

11 comments:

Blog Stalker said...

There are some merits to that diet, but what I reccomend is alifestyl change

Have agreat day!

Melissa B. said...

Funny about the banana shortage! I hear that the Japanese are always flocking to the Latest Diet Craze, although for the life of me, I don't really understand. BTW, I'm celebrating my 200th Post today, & I'm handing out the bling! You've been honored as a "Superior Scribbler"-please drop by!

Kelsey said...

oh wow a banana shortage!? That banana diet is crazy, I personally would probably starve as I hate bananas, the texture and taste make me gag.
The rest of the diet sounds great though!

Nik said...

That's really interesting.

BTW - I did get my Poprs! Thank you so much! Love 'em!

Tara R. said...

Interesting diet. I like bananas better than grapefruit. I don't think this one would work for me either.

Anonymous said...

I honestly didn't think Japanese people needed to be on a diet. I also honestly don't think this will work....."exercise if you want to"? Yeah....

However, I will be so stinkin' angry if they eat up all my bananas....its one of the only fruits I will eat religiously through the week...I love bananas and banana flavored things....I'm the one that suggested banana POP'rs....remember? That and pumpkin.....I need bananas and pumpkins....

Anonymous said...

Ha! That's funny. Well, not funny that they are in need of banannas but strange funny. For the past two weeks, I've had this strange compulsion to feed Mr. Man banannas.

Why the room temperature water I wonder...

Just Lisa said...

I'm here to say that this diet does not work. I eat a banana every morning, I eat chocolate every day at 3 pm, but I still need to lose weight.

Japan. Sheesh. All those girls over there are already thin as rails!

But reading this makes me think I need to make some banana bread!

Tracy P. said...

I should try that! It sounds like something I could live with. And only one snack. Yeah, definitely a good idea!

Anonymous said...

This paragraph is really a good one it assists new the web viewers, who
are wishing for blogging.

My webpage :: onlinelatestmovie.com

Anonymous said...

Hеу! Do уou use Tωitter?
I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm unԁoubtеdly enjoying youг blog аnd look
fоrward to nеω updаtеs.



Also visіt my web blog :: Biggest Loser Diet