The tag line of an old "Knock, Knock" joke. The real purpose of this post is two-fold.
First off, there's a Banana Shortage in Japan. In the past few months, banana sales have risen 70 percent in the Land of the Rising Sun due to The Morning Banana Diet, a weight loss craze that requires eating bananas for breakfast along with a glass of room- temperature water.
A Dole rep says he’s never witnessed such banana-mania. “People in Japan are rushing to the market to get their bananas before noon every day because after that, they’re all gone. The demand is crazy.”
Now to the actual Banana Morning Diet. Veggie Mom is not following this regimen, but is nevertheless fascinated by it:
- Eat a banana for breakfast. Eat more than one, if you're still hungry. Eat only raw, uncooked, unfrozen fruit.
- Eat anything you wish (including fried foods), as long as you're done with dinner by 8 p.m.
- Really pay attention to your food's texture and taste as you chew.
- No sweets before or after your meals. You may have a sweet snack (cookies, chocolate) around 3 p.m. Avoid ice cream, donuts and chips.
- You may eat fresh fruit for your snack, but if you really want a legit sweet, go ahead and go for it.
- Drink only room-temperature water. Mineral or filtered water are the best. Drink water in small sips, and never use it to wash down food.
- Go to bed by midnight each night.
- Don't put pressure on yourself to exercise. Exercise only if you want to.
- Keep a diet journal. Document your weight loss and eating habits. Follow Reina's Blog as an example.