Monday, January 18, 2010

Winter Visitor

This little guy, a Downy Woodpecker, has been a regular at my feeder. He is darling! I love the way he hops around. Wish he'd bring his friends.

And where are the cardinals? They were in the yard all summer. The neighbor must have better seed!

These winter birds are nice, but I am anxiously awaiting the return of the Oriloes and hummingbirds to the feeders.

I've also noticed there are still robins in Wisconsin. Worms must be few and far between! The smart ones left a long time ago. We look forward to their return as a sign of spring. If they don't leave, how will they ever return? Hmmm....

4 comments:

Melissa B. said...

I had his brother, drilling holes in the tree near the deck, a couple of weeks ago. I've always heard him, but never saw him until then. Love your Superior Snap!

Susie said...

It looks like he is making himself at home:-)

Deanna said...

I love watching the birds out in the back yard. Living in the south means all kinds of birds all year long!

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Nowadays, I feel good, I started take up real money.
It's all about how to choose a proper companion who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the profit with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]