Thursday, December 11, 2008

Winners and The Wise Men


When It Snows, It...

Blizzards? Blows? Blankets Everything in White Stuff?

Searching for the Proper Metaphor to describe the Tsunami of Activity going on in Pop'rs Land these days! We do have the White Stuff Up to our Keisters, so thought we'd lighten the mood by sharing some Sweet News.

First off, remember our Pay It Forward plan? Well, we had Three Winners in this mini-contest, designed to get us all in The Holiday Spirit. In fact, it's Not Too Late for the rest of you to join in. Click here, to see how!

AnyWho, Aunt Julie just finished making, and Uncle Lynn and his guys at The Pop'rs Plant just finished wrapping, the Homemade Gifts for Becky, Rhonda and Tara R. Let me let The Proud Pop'rs Queen explain:

"Each winner got two milk chocolate bars with plain popping candy in them," Julie Eliz says. "They were made in molds from a local candy store and sealed in cellophane at the Pop'rs Plant. We make them for Soccer Boy and his pals occasionally."

"I really like these special Pop'rs Bars!" Aunt Julie enthuses. "And they are not commercially available! Someday…"

Hey, you Winners, you...I've got a great idea! Blog about your Early Christmas Present, and maybe Oprah will see your High Praise! Well, we can dream, can't we?

Next, the Winners from our
Great New Pop'rs Thanksgiving Extravaganza have started to Get Their Loot. Jeannie even Blogged About It at her Happy World! Then, she posted a video of her daughter, Bella, doing The Chicken Dance. Think that child had a few Pop'rs in her?

We close today's post with a Word from The Wise Men:

~In a small southern town there was a Nativity Scene that showed great skill and talent had gone into creating it. One small feature bothered me.

The Three Wise Men were wearing firemen's helmets.

Totally unable to come up with a reason or explanation, I left. At a "Quik Stop" on the edge of town, I asked the lady behind the counter about the helmets. She exploded into a rage, yelling at me, "You stupid Yankees never do read the Bible!" I assured her that I did, but simply couldn't recall anything about firemen in the Bible.

She jerked her Bible from behind the counter and ruffled through some pages, and finally jabbed her finger at a passage. Sticking it in my face she said "See, it says right here, the Three Wise Men came from afar!'

Borrowed from Clean Jokes for a Dirty World. Enjoy!~

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...that was so funny! I lived in South Georgia for 3 years and I did have some trouble understanding those accents. I am from California where people don't have any accent! But the people in Georgia always told me that I spoke too fast for them...so I guess each region has it's quirky language things :-)

Rhonda said...

Oh, cool! Something not even on the market yet! VERY exciting!

I got my pop'rs yesterday. Now I have to learn how to use them. I just sprinkle them on anything? I'll head over to the website for ideas....

Thanks so much!! I'm already pre-posted for the next couple of days, but will show them off on Saturday!

Marrdy said...

Great story. That is one I can share with the hubby!

Kally said...

Funny joke :)

The weatherman here says we might get snow this weekend. I have already received emails from B's Sunday School warning of a possible closing if a few flakes fall. Weird. In OK there had to be ice on the roads for closings to be mentioned & here in OR just the thought of snow sends these folks into a tizzy.

Tamara Dawn said...

oh this was a great post! I'll have to check out those Pop'rs...

Hey you asked me about making money through blogging and I can suggest affiliate marketing, though you have to depend on so many clicks and purchases before you earn much.

I have made the most money by writing for AC. They pay you per article and it goes through paypal. I have been a member for almost 2 months. They pay an upfront payment for any article you submit on whatever topic you wish. They also pay per click too so the earning is endless once you get your article count up! I have a link at the top of my blog if you want to sign up! If you have any questions feel free to message me!!

Melissa B. said...

I come from a looooonnnnnnnggg line of Southerners. It's true that they came from A Far, but that's only in Polite Society. In my old Texas Stomping Grounds, they came from a Fer Piece.

Lisa said...

darling joke, glad I stopped by.

Tracy P. said...

That's so funny!

Hey, Bethany and I were just hangin' out at your place while you were over at ours. I have to bake early because we are leaving town in a week. Otherwise, I would not be so far! I gotta get wrappin' now!

I love that you say "up to our keisters"! We speak each other's language, fer sure!

Michelle said...

OH that is hilARious! I love the misunderstanding. Too perfect :)