Friday, July 25, 2008

Dear Oprah...

So many of you have been Sharing the Comment Love about Uncle Lynn, The Pop'r Family, Pop'rs, and Big Bear and Little Red's Wedding that we're overwhelmed with gratitude.


Today, we'd like to Take. It. Up. A. Notch.

Yesterday, we blogged about Rachael Ray, and her enthusiasm for Pop'rs, that delightful, fun and good-for-you seasoning that convinces kids to Eat Their Veggies! Several of our Faithful Readers said we needed to plead our case to The Food Network. Others, including Marla, suggested that Oprah is the way to go.

So, here's the deal. Uncle Lynn sent an e-mail to Oprah this morning, telling her about Pop'rs and his family business, and inviting the Queen of Daytime TV to try Pop'rs for herself! Here's a little bit of his invitation:

"We'd love to provide you and your staff with enough boxes of Pop’rs—each containing all eight flavors—to try out for a while. After you’ve given this amazing product a 'test run,' why not invite some real kids—of all ages—on your show, and let them try the Pop’rs on all kinds of foods? You could pair this 'demonstration' with a segment featuring the Great Dr. Oz, talking about a serious subject like children’s health. You could even do an audience giveaway of Pop’rs that day. I promise you—the Fun Factor will definitely come alive with when Pop’rs are unveiled on Oprah!"

Here's where you come in, faithful readers--we'd love for you to Share the Comment Love with Oprah! Please send Oprah and her producers a short message, encouraging them to take Uncle Lynn up on his offer. All you have to do is click here; then look on the right side of Oprah's Home Page. See the orange button that says BE FEATURED ON? Click on that! A list, all in orange, will appear. Click on The Oprah Winfrey Show. Then, look for Be on the Show, and click on Do You Want to Be a Part of the Action? Click on that, fill out the info, leave your comment, and we'll be on our way!

You can tell Oprah anything you want! How you'd love to see kids--including yours, perhaps?--experiment with Pop'rs on television; how you'd find it interesting to tune in to a conversation between Uncle Lynn and Dr. Oz about healthy eating; how your sweet children turn into finicky eaters at dinner time, and how Pop'rs could help; how you'd like to join Uncle Lynn and Oprah and try Pop'rs for yourself!

And what do you get for your trouble, other than the satisfaction of helping a family-owned company get its 15 Minutes of Fame? Well, right now all we can send you is our gratitude, and of course group hugs, but who knows? Someday soon, Oprah might just take Uncle Lynn up on his offer! Then we'll all be able to Share the Pop'rs Love! And what, I ask you, could be better than that?

29 comments:

Lynda said...

Well, you can bet that anyone who gets a mention on Oprah is golden - just look at her book club!

Good luck with this!

Marla said...

OK... I'm ready to push on O even though she isn't my favorite person... I've even blogged about it... but for the sake of veggies and our kids I'll do it... one problem the link to email her doesn't work...
Hope this means I'll be a winner this week ;)

Claremont First Ward said...

Will do it now, although I'm thinking it might be a good idea if I'd actually tasted the poprs myself. :)

Caroline said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning! The Pop'rs look delish!

Heather said...

I'm with Angie - happy to help out, but curious to taste these Pop'rs myself! :)

Good luck, hope this works!!!

Cheers, SITSta!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment.
I am off to check out these Pop'rs

a fellow Sitsa

Melissa said...

Thanks for stopping by Another Day in Paradise today. I'm off the check out Pop'rs! I have to eat a gluten-free diet, so these will probably be great for my family!

Nik said...

Tons of luck in the Pop'rs endeavor. I'm sure I'll smile every time I hear someone say it knowing you're involved.

Givinya De Elba said...

Oooh, exciting! Hope Oprah takes you up on the offer.

Judy said...

I can definitely get on board with this! Here's hoping Oprah pulls through for you guys - I'll go do my part!

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my site! I've blogrolled you so I can check in daily. Now, I'm off to check out the rest of your site.

Great Job!

Just Lisa said...

I have my conspiracy theories about Oprah being the devil, but I'm willing to send her a little love note for you!

Ritch in Love said...

Very cool! Thanks for popping by my blog! I'll send an email tonight. Great idea!

Kally said...

Awesome product! Pop'rs sound like something my daughter would LOVE. I'll send Oprah an email.

Thanks for checking out my blog!

Unknown said...

Hope you're on your way! Good Luck!!

Kally said...

Oh no, when I tried to email Oprah by following the above instructions her site brings you to an under construction type of page that says "This page is unavailable at this time. Please try again soon for exciting new enhancements and an all-new Oprah.com." I also tried the "send us your thoughts" link and ended up with the same results :( Should we try again in a few days?

Anonymous said...

You can count on me to help in this effort. I've made a post-it note to try in mid-week and send an email. Hopefully the site will be up by then!
doot65{at}comcast[dot]net
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Ditto here. I was all ready to plead my case for the really big show; I will also put it in my calendar of things to do; I will try daily!
It would actually be quite exciting to see Uncle Lynn on Oprah! Can't wait to try them!

Justabeachkat said...

Very exciting!

Hugs!
Kat

Ritch in Love said...

Yup, went over to her site to send a show suggestion last night and tonight and both times the site was unavailable. I will try again tomorrow! Good luck!

Laura Marchant said...

I will try my best when the site comes back up.

I must try these things :-)

Anonymous said...

OH NO...the site is unavailable right now!! I'll try back later tho, I promise!!

Aunt Julie said...

Faithful Readers: We've found a way to get around Oprah.com's "under construction" difficulties. Just click on Oprah's pic on the right side of my blog to find out how!

Ashley. Unscripted... said...

I need to go check out these Pop'rs things. Thanks for the heads up.

Breanne said...

I agree she is not my fav but I will push the poprs on her.

Anonymous said...

I hope Oprah will get on board with pop'rs. She is all about healthy eating, so it sounds like her kind of show. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

This is amazing...Good Luck!

Veronica said...

I'll give it a try...we really like the poprs! (I won some!)

sassy stephanie said...

Just found you...can't remember how. I'm ADD like that. Anyway, just went through the Oprah steps and I'm off to order for my 3 little ones!