Wednesday, July 30, 2008

We're Sharing the Love Over Here!

I opened up The Blog this morning, and found the sweetest surprise! Marla, over at Pak Adventures, says I always make her laugh. Well, right back atcha, Marla! Marla and the Paklets have given me her first-ever, and my first-ever Bloggy Award! Yay for me, for Marla, and for the cyber-technology that makes all of this possible!

The Share The Love Award started with Crystal Memoirs of a Mommy, and the story's pretty special. Crystal's young son, Noah, needed a heart transplant last year at the tender age of one month. She commissioned this award in honor of the donor, and it's given to those, she says, "whose love and friendship have enriched my life and made my world a better place."

I'm all agog and agape--thanks so much, Marla! As most of you know, I've only been in the Blogosphere since June. This is a mighty special honor, I'd say! Take a gander above, and see how sweet it is!

Of course, all awards come with a little something extra in the bargain! In order to accept this award, I have to link back to Crystal's Blog and then share the award with other blogs that I read and love. There are sooooooooo many to choose from, but here are five gals who always make me smile!
  • Don't Get Married...You Won't Like It! Lots o' chuckles over here, especially in her blog title! She names her kids after Dr. Seuss characters (Thing 1 and Thing 2), and says she's gonna order her some Pop'rs as soon as Mr. Big gets paid this week!
  • Teri, over at Let Me Think on It. She's always posting Pixes from the Past (check out her beauty-queen get-up!), and her recent travelogues from NYC and Philly were a hoot-and-a-half!
  • Adiel is my Fashionista Friend. Her It's Because I Think Too Much really makes me think. Adiel's a pretty stylish gal!
  • Lula, she of Lulaville, has her own little Bloggy Kingdom down in Southwest Virginia! She's up at all hours (2:20 this morning, according to today's post!) packaging surprises for her Bloggy Friends, like Christmas in July
  • Scary Mommy, whose profile says she's a Zoo Keeper. Would that be of animals, or children, Scary? Perhaps both?

There you have it, sports fans! Make sure you keep Sharing the Comment Love! And, don't forget--Oprah still wants to hear from you!! *smile*

8 comments:

Gramma 2 Many said...

If you ever get a response from Oprah, let me know how. I have been trying for years to get her to be interested in our African Refugee project. Maybe I need to run a Blog campaign also:}
Congratulations on your award. It makes one feel good to know people are reading.

must not be blank said...

Thanks for the award!!

Claremont First Ward said...

Congrats on your award!

Melissa B. said...

Congrats on the award! You've done so much in so little time as a blogger--you really are a remarkable gal! :)

Lula! said...

Awwwwww...
THANKS! You have totally made my day.

Judy Schwartz Haley | CoffeeJitters.Net said...

congratulations!

Angela said...

Congratulations!!!

Teri said...

Ooooh, thanks so much for the award. I will pick it up a little later this weekend. I'm waiting for my tweaked blog layout to be uploaded with THREE columns. Woohoo! I can then show off all my awards. :-)