I've been *tagged*! Although relatively new to the Blogosphere, I do believe this means that I should be a good sport, and play along! What do you think? The lovely Bloggy Pal who *tagged* me was none other than greedygrace over at Just Lisa, No Filler. Here are the rules; come join the fun, and play along, too!
- Link to the person(s) who tagged you.
- Mention the rules on your blog.
- Tell your readers about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
- Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them.
- Leave a comment on each of the *tagged* blogger’s site, letting her know she's been *tagged*.
- Aunt Julie absolutely hates chewing noises--she won’t go to a movie because of all the popcorn crunching!
- All Auntie J's neighbors are familiar with her doggy jammies--no, not jammies for dogs, but a cute little ensemble with a doggie print all over--since she is out every morning with her coffee in the front yard, checking her flower garden. BTW, did you see my post on Julie's fanTAbulously gorgeous delphiniums.
- Julie will talk to anyone, and would probably try to make friends with a rock. And she has lots of funny stories to prove it! One time, while on a beach vacation with our two families, J. made friends with a random mom on the beach. The new friend's youngest and Soccer Boy had become beach buddies, so J. spent some time with the woman by the ocean, watching the kids. We returned home a week later, and a couple of days after that, my youngest received a birthday card from someone she didn't know. We figured out later that the card was from the family Julie Eliz (remember, lots of girls--and at least one boy--have the name Elizabeth in our family!) had befriended while we were at the beach!
- Aunt Julie trusts absolutely anyone. I have more than enough stories to prove this, but one in particular stands out. My husband once worked in a big city. Julie flew in to visit, and had a couple of hours to kill before her brother--my husband--got off work. She took a cab downtown, and found a lovely park bench, occupied by another person. She became fast friends with this person, exchanging pleasantries about life, family, etc. My Hubby got off work and went to the nearby park to acquire Aunt J. before heading home. He said to her as they were leaving, "Why were you so friendly with that homeless man?"
- Julie Eliz loves garage sales, and has a basement full of furniture for her kids, their friends or her nieces and nephews to choose from when moving into the dorms or their first apartments. She recently picked up (literally) a lovely sleeper sofa that she took from the curb last week. It’s nice enough to use in her house!
- Julie, she of Pop'rs fame, reads in bed with 2 pairs of glasses on at the same time, "since I am clearly NOT old enough for bifocals!"
So, Dear Readers, those are Aunt Julie's little ol' quirks. What are yours? I'm *tagging* the following Bloggy Friends to find out!
- Michaela, over at Creative Writings 101
- Mannequin, of Fractured Toy fame
- LaskiGal, who blogs From the Cheap Seats
- Mamacita, whom I don't really know yet but who has a neat little ol' blog parked at Scheiss Weekly
- tnchick, of tnchick.com, who says in a recent post the technology has her all confused, but she loves that Comment Love anyway!
- Angie, who broadcasts at SevEn CloWn CirCuS
And another thing: My Bloggy Buddy, Melissa B. from The Scholastic Scribe, is running a super-funny sweepstakes today! She borrow the photo for her contest from me--you should check it out!