Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tag, You're It!

Faithful Readers:

I've been *tagged*! Although relatively new to the Blogosphere, I do believe this means that I should be a good sport, and play along! What do you think? The lovely Bloggy Pal who *tagged* me was none other than greedygrace over at Just Lisa, No Filler. Here are the rules; come join the fun, and play along, too!

The Rules:

  • Link to the person(s) who tagged you.
  • Mention the rules on your blog.
  • Tell your readers about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
  • Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them.
  • Leave a comment on each of the *tagged* blogger’s site, letting her know she's been *tagged*.

As we've established before, I'm not the Quirky Kind. But Aunt Julie, The Pop'r Queen? She has enough quirks to fill a book, and then some! So, hold on to your seats--here we go!

  1. Aunt Julie absolutely hates chewing noises--she won’t go to a movie because of all the popcorn crunching!
  2. All Auntie J's neighbors are familiar with her doggy jammies--no, not jammies for dogs, but a cute little ensemble with a doggie print all over--since she is out every morning with her coffee in the front yard, checking her flower garden. BTW, did you see my post on Julie's fanTAbulously gorgeous delphiniums.
  3. Julie will talk to anyone, and would probably try to make friends with a rock. And she has lots of funny stories to prove it! One time, while on a beach vacation with our two families, J. made friends with a random mom on the beach. The new friend's youngest and Soccer Boy had become beach buddies, so J. spent some time with the woman by the ocean, watching the kids. We returned home a week later, and a couple of days after that, my youngest received a birthday card from someone she didn't know. We figured out later that the card was from the family Julie Eliz (remember, lots of girls--and at least one boy--have the name Elizabeth in our family!) had befriended while we were at the beach!
  4. Aunt Julie trusts absolutely anyone. I have more than enough stories to prove this, but one in particular stands out. My husband once worked in a big city. Julie flew in to visit, and had a couple of hours to kill before her brother--my husband--got off work. She took a cab downtown, and found a lovely park bench, occupied by another person. She became fast friends with this person, exchanging pleasantries about life, family, etc. My Hubby got off work and went to the nearby park to acquire Aunt J. before heading home. He said to her as they were leaving, "Why were you so friendly with that homeless man?"
  5. Julie Eliz loves garage sales, and has a basement full of furniture for her kids, their friends or her nieces and nephews to choose from when moving into the dorms or their first apartments. She recently picked up (literally) a lovely sleeper sofa that she took from the curb last week. It’s nice enough to use in her house!
  6. Julie, she of Pop'rs fame, reads in bed with 2 pairs of glasses on at the same time, "since I am clearly NOT old enough for bifocals!"

So, Dear Readers, those are Aunt Julie's little ol' quirks. What are yours? I'm *tagging* the following Bloggy Friends to find out!

That's all I've got for a Sunday Morning, except to say, "Tag, You're It!" Oh, and one more thing: The Old Red Barn Co. is giving away a gorgeous hand-stitched quilt! Check out the link to see how you can enter!

And another thing: My Bloggy Buddy, Melissa B. from The Scholastic Scribe, is running a super-funny sweepstakes today! She borrow the photo for her contest from me--you should check it out!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

oohh... I'm quite honored Veggie Mom and I'm going to tell you all about it later today! Although when I tell the bloggy world about my little "quirks", I may be deleted from the internet.
Thank you for thinking of me!

Aunt Julie said...

Now, Mannequin: If Aunt Julie can share her "quirks" with the world, certainly a person of your upstanding character like you will have no problem? Thanks for playing along!

tnchick ♥ said...

I haven't been tagged in forever... but I'm a good sport and I'll play along - once I think of 6 things to share LOL

Melissa B. said...

Thanks for sharing the Comment Love! Make sure you enter the Super Summer Sunday Sweepstakes, too! And if you want to play *tag*, I'm always available! :)

Aunt Julie said...

tn & melissa b.: First to tn, thanks for playing! To mel b., I promise to include you next time--I figured you had your hands full with your Silly Sweepstakes! :)

Anonymous said...

Veggie Mom, you clearly have quirks, and I hope you share some of your own soon!

I love Auntie J's pajamas - those sound darling. :-)

Aunt Julie said...

Those doggy-print pjs are cute--and a hoot, too, especially when my SIL is wandering around in the yard in 'em in the early morning. I'll try to get a close-up photo for you all to see!

Unknown said...

Oh, Aunt J sounds like a total blast, I hope I meet her one day, I love to meet new people!

Just Lisa said...

So glad I could know more of Aunt Julie! I love the doggie pj's!

Megan and Ryan Reed said...

Okay this doesn't pertain to this post, but I am writing in response to my recent winnings on your blog.

I am officially a Pop'rs user. Tonight we enjoyed unusual giggles, oohs & awws at the dinner table. I made our fav. dish, chicken chimichangas (which my boys could take or leave depending on their mood). But not tonight! We enjoyed listening to our chimichangas "talk" as I sprinkled on the Pop'rs. Even my hubby, who generally has a distaste for kiddie stuff, asked for some on his. My two year old who is an avid veggie-hater was mesmerized by what was going on in his mouth. Did he eat the veggies better, well no, but he wouldn't eat a green candy if I gave him one. The boy has always had it in his head that green does not mean go (for it)! Besides that we had such a good time at the table and it kept them from the usual whinning. I can't wait to try the chocolate and watch their tickled little faces.

Thanks,

Megan

Aunt Julie said...

Megan: Thanks for the endorsement! I love to hear that Pop'rs make your food sing--it's music to my ears! :)

Robyn Wright of Robyn's Online World said...

Good list - I think Auntie J would get along great with my Mother-In-Law, she has been walking her neighborhood streets in her jammies every night after dinner for years and years LOL.

I'm finding as I read these though that maybe my list was just a little TOO quirky - uh oh!

tnchick ♥ said...

OK, I put up my answers for ya! =) Post titled "Stuff"