Sunday, July 13, 2008

Photo-FANTASTIC!

Got this from my Bloggy Friend Melissa B. over at The Scholastic Scribe. She received the inspiration for the photo fest from our Mutual Bloggy Pal tara r., who resides at If Mom Says OK. Tara says this artistic endeavor has been around the Blogosphere, and I can attest to the truthfulness of this statement, because I've also seen it on Regurgitated Alpha Bits, Dkzody's Weblog, and Art on a Limb. In fact, if you google "flickr mosaic meme" on the Web, you get an even 158,000 hits. Photo-fantastic!


I'm a dull-witted bore, Dear Readers, but you know that my sister-in-law Aunt Julie most certainly is not! So I recruited her to answer the following questions and create a Photo Mosaic of her own. The Pop'r Queen Herself is sharing said mosaic with you this very day! If you'd like to play along, too, here's what's what. And if you make this delightful creation on your very own blog, please Share the Comment Love with me and Auntie J.!
  • Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
  • Using only the first page, pick an image.
  • Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into this Mosaic Maker. Follow the instructions, and presto! You have a synopsis of Who. You. Are
  • Your questions, Julie's answers; click on the Mosaic to see the snaps Up Close & Personal

Aunt Julie's life in a nutshell, as told to The Author

  1. What is your first name? Julie
  2. What is your favorite food? Kid food
  3. What high school did you go to? Chippewa Falls Sr. High
  4. What is your favorite color? Blue
  5. Who is your celebrity crush? Don’t have one! Am not impressed.
  6. Favorite drink? Cold Leinies on a hot day, hot chocolate on a cold one
  7. Dream vacation? Tahiti, in a hut at the end of a long pier
  8. Favorite dessert? Strawberry shortcake (fresh strawberries that I picked, warm biscuits, and real whipped cream), eaten as dinner, not dessert. Seconds OK!
  9. What do you want to be when you grow up? Grown up! I don’t feel like it yet.
  10. What do you love most in life? My boys, Lynn, dogs, quilts, time spent at the beach with my brother’s family, seashells, photographs, people who like me!
  11. One Word to describe you: pieceofwork!
  12. Your (sister-in-law's) blog name: Eat Your Veggies!

PS: You have approximately 30 hours, give or take a nanosecond, to enter our Great Pop'rs Giveaway. Remember: You can't win if you don't enter!

9 comments:

Melisa S. said...

Oh, I love that mosaic!! It's rather neat to see the pictures that come up with the answer to each question. Eventually I will get around to trying this!

Tara R. said...

Fun photos... thanks for playing along.

Lynda said...

Your mosaic is beautiful! That was big fun, wasn't it?

Aunt Julie said...

I really recommend that everyone try this--it's so interesting to discover photos that are part of one's personality!

MissKris said...

I tried this mosaic the other day but a few of the Flickr photos I used ended up not being on file anymore so I had all these gaps, haha! After ALL the work I put into it, too. Oh well! I came by to thank you for stopping by my blog the other day. I'm a stay-at-home grandma taking care of my two little grandbabies during the work week and I've been striving to feed the 2-yr-old nutritious food and snacks. It can be a challenge, but I don't want either one of them living on sugar and carbs. What a lovely site you have here! And I don't find you a "dull witted bore" at all!

Aunt Julie said...

misskris: Thank ya kindly! I prefer to hang back, though, and let Aunt Julie get the spotlight. She and Uncle Lynn have such an interesting story to tell, and I'm happy to help them tell it! Please do stop in again soon!

Sandi McBride said...

good answers...I always like these, you get to know more about people this way...
Sandi

leezee52 said...

Thanks for coming to see my photo for Carrie's "Friday Foto Finish Fiesta" Have a great week!

Mommy Meryl said...

Hey - thanks for stopping by my blog and routing for me!! :-) this is really cool photo thing - I am going to attempt to give it a try!!