Friday, July 18, 2008

Because I'm the Mom; Or, Overture in K(ids) Flat!

Comedian Anita Renfroe condenses everything We Moms might say to our kiddos in a 24-hour period, and sings it to the urgent strains of "The William Tell Overture." This video has been hanging around Mommy Blogs on the Internet for at least a year, but we thought we'd give you a mid-summer's laugh, anyway! We're pretty sure The Lone Ranger and composer Gioachino Rossini might even get a chuckle out of this--The Pop'r Family sure did! BTW, The Pink Potpourri is offering a fanTAbulous giveaway this weekend! Check out the rules for winning homemade stationery. It's really quite lovely!

15 comments:

Deanna said...

I was just looking for this video the other day and couldn't find it. This is one of my favorites! LOVE Anita!

Unknown said...

i LOVE that video. totally cracks me up! and i now have it stuck in my head until 5 pm today...when i can turn on the radio in my car and jam to something else!

have a great weekend!

Gramma 2 Many said...

This is so funny and true!! I heard it years ago and laughed my b--- off.
The flower is an Azalea from my garden. It is beautiful isn't it. My mother gave me a start of her plant years ago. This is only the second year it has bloomed.

Angela DeRossett said...

I love this video!!!! It cracks me up. My kids, don't like it so much. LOL

Melissa B. said...

This is a keeper! Do you think it's possible for a "regular mom" like me to commit it to memory?

Lynda said...

I have enjoyed this many times - it's just what I needed right now - thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love that video! Cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

I can never hear enough of that song. So very, very true :-)

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy watching that video, it is so funny!

Givinya De Elba said...

I love that video!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I got to hear Anita sing this at a women's conference last year. It was so wonderful! I have one of her books, too. She's a good writer and keeps you interested. Thanks for the reminder. Blessings, marlene

Anonymous said...

I've seen this before but love when it pops up every now and again because it is so funny!

MommyTime said...

Oh, I love this video every time I see it. Thanks for the good laugh. And for the comment over at my place!

Angela said...

My kids & I have practically peed our pants watching this since the first time we saw it. It's great to see again!

Caroline said...

I absolutely love this video even though I haven't yet said many of these things - I for sure heard them growing up. She is awesome!