Saturday, December 6, 2008

Weekend Roundup: Generosity, Your Vote Counts & Recession-Proof Alpacas!

Today's a day for Cleaning out the Cyber-Cobwebs. From my Blog. From My E-mail. From my Mind.

  • First of all, Congrats to Tara R., Rhonda and Becky, the winners of Thursday's Pay It Forward Holiday Fest. These Three will be receiving a Very Special Prize that Aunt Julie and Veggie Mom cooked up Just. For. Them! And thanks so much to everyone else who has decided to Play Along and Pay It Forward on their own Blogs. What a simple way to Share the Holiday Spirit! Like to point out that Liz was actually the 3rd Commenter (Commentator?) in the Contest. When I E-mailed her yesterday, however, she demured, saying, "I'd rather the prize go to the next person on the list or someone you know...I love winning things but really would rather pay it forward!!" I think it's a Special Sign that Liz's Blog is named Gratitude and Good Deeds. It bodes for a Holly, Jolly Holiday, I'd say!
  • Secondly, I'd like to Give a Plug to my Bloggy Friend Melissa B., who is a Finalist for a Special Blog Award. Those of you who know The Scholastic Scribe know that she's a teacher, and a Darn Good One! Well, Melissa B. Made the Cut in EduBlog's Prestigious "Eddies" Confab. She's been nominated for Best Individual Blog. So, let's demonstrate the Solidarity of Cyberspace by getting out there and VOTING! Click Here to Make Melissa B. a Winner!
  • The Third thing on my mind is Alpacas. Yup, the cute little (well, not really so petite!) furry critters whose wool is Super Soft and used in Yummy Sweaters. You might remember Julie Eliz's Alpaca Snaps Here and also Here and Here. Well, meet Atticus, who also resides in Southwestern Wisconsin! Saw a story on the news the other night about Alpaca Farming. Seems that these Beautiful Beasts are Recession-Proof! So, if things aren't Going Well for you at Work, think about putting a couple of Alpacas under your tree this Christmas. I hear they also make wonderful stocking stuffers...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

ooh i love alpaca sweaters!! they are the best!!! hope you have a happy saturday and congrats to all your winners!!! im going over now to click for melissa!! :)

Melissa B. said...

I'd LOVE to find Atticus under my tree on Christmas Morning! Thanks for the Shout-Out...Yes We Can!!

Anonymous said...

I voted for Melissa! That alpaca is a cute little thing :-)

Tracy P. said...

Oh, he is super cute! I voted for Melissa...AND, I am having a cookie (recipe) exchange at my place! Check it out here!

StitchinByTheLake said...

What a cutie! But if my husband won't let me have a dog I can just imagine what he'd say about Atticus. :) blessings, marlene

Michelle said...

Hmmm. Somehow I just don't see the alpaca fitting under our tree. Of course since we don't HAVE a tree yet, I suppose we could buy a special one just for him.... ;)

Candid Carrie said...

I think alpacas are so dang cute! I love it when they have a pale coat and dark pigment. They look all wide-eyed and innocent.

I'll cross pony off my Christmas list and add alpaca.

Marrdy said...

You know I think my daughter is rubbing off on me. That is the cutest alpaca I have seen. I think he wants me!!