Monday, December 29, 2008

What's Your New Year's Resolution?

It's early, I know. But I wanted to get a head start on my Resolutions for 2009. Calvin & Hobbs always put me in the Festive Mood, too, so today seems like the best time to get underway!

And to those who voiced kindness and concern toward me and my Computer Predicament, these issues have yet to be resolved. So Eat Your Veggies! is coming to you via laptop. I have some cool holiday photos and whatnot to post as soon as our IT guy gets out here and solves the crisis. For now, this blog is going Low Tech, so no High Expectations, OK?

Veggie Mom's Resolutions for 2009

10. Exercise more.

9. Eat less.

8. Remember that Patience is a Virtue.

7. Once my Technical Difficulties are resolved, organize my computer's folders.

6. In that same vein, back up important files, including my precious pixes.

5. Explore more options in the Blogging Community.

4. Clean my desk at work.

3. Clean my desk at home. Keep both desks clean!

2. Clean the basement (This shows up on my list every year. Maybe 2009 is the year?)

1. Make sure to show my loved ones how much I really care.

I started on Numbers 10 & 9 the Day after Christmas. With all the leftovers, I'm sticking to low-fat offerings like the turkey, which I really could eat every day. And I've been going to the pool, and tramping the neighborhood each day since Christmas, so that's a good sign. I try a little harder with Number 8 every year, but still need to work on my Patience Quotient. Seven is an ongoing problem; I've got so many Bits and Bytes on my poor old desktop computer, that I fear I've freaked it out! Sticking with Number 6, of course, would help alleviate that problem.

For Number 5, what do you suggest? Some have told me to try BlogHer. I'm already a Devoted SITSta, but have had less success with Cre8Buzz, because that requires time. I'm intrigued with all the possibilities out there, but would love to have some suggestions from you! Numbers 4, 3 and 2, of course, go hand-in-hand. All I can say is, "We'll see." And Number 1 comes naturally; I hope I'm Showing the Love every single day!

Do you make New Year's Resolutions? If so, please share!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you on the exercise more and eat less!
Also, get back to reading more, I love to read and have had very little time the past few months to do it!
Patience with kids and family is definitely a virtue I need to work on, and banishing grumpy moods!!

Happy New Year!

Just Lisa said...

I don't really want to eat less or exercise more, but I DO want to lose about 25 more pounds, so I guess they go together.

It's such a conspiracy though. Nothing but candy and cookies and treats from christmas in the house right now, and you expect me to have the will power to say no to it all?

Maybe I should gorge out on it all now so it will be out of the house by the new year? I'm up for the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I started thinking about resolutions before Christmas....I really do want to make some changes next year....I'm not real happy with a lot of things in my life. Its like you wrote 10-6 for me...although, i'll need to be much more specific with myself or I can talk myself right back out of something. Yes, I talk to myself!

Let me know what you find out about the blogging....I didn't like Cre8buzz....like you said...too much time was involved.

Good luck with your computer too....those blue screens are never good....

Anonymous said...

I am sort of just resolving to be less lazy next year! That includes exercising and taking the dogs out more! I wish you all the luck in your resolutions!

Rhonda said...

I'm with you on 9 & 10! I told myself that I would start in the new year, which leaves me time to finish all of the chocolate that we got for Christmas.

Do you think that's wrong? lol

Tamara Dawn said...

Oh geez I have not even thought about Resolutions yet. Wait- actually I have...I decided to have NO resolutions just a little tweeking of my day to day routine. I always break my resolutions lol!

Love your profile pic it is so cute!!

Inspiration CAN be found EVERYWHERE said...

I agree with "I live .... " I'm not going to make "actual" resolutions. Somehow they always seem to go by the wayside. Like the year I vowed I wouldn't say one particular "word". That lasted about 11 hours into the new year when a girl friend called .......... oops.

I think I will just try to do things just a little bit better, try a little bit harder and maybe this time next year I can feel like I've succeeded.

Susie said...

I have the same list you do. As for the blog activity, I have 2 new writing gigs next year that I hope will net some new readers:-) Also, everyone says the social networking thing works but I just don't see it. Do you?

Ritch in Love said...

I have to think about my resolution for the year. Last year it was to pick my battles with my kids biological mom and try not to get so fired up over everything. I've done great so far. So far I've only picked 2 battles in 6 months: MySpace and Cell phones...my life is much simpler.

Michelle said...

I think that #3 should be three resolutions ;)

And for blogging option... I'm obviously not the one to ask, but if you find something, let me know ;) I am definitely heading to BlogHer this year (the conference -- and close to you, relatively, too) and probably should do more within the BlogHer community but ummm... yeah.

And as far as my resolutions? You'll see that post shortly. It's not a one sentence thing :)