Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"It's a Rebuilding Year"

Susie, over at Susie's Homemade, is a Green Back Packers Fan, just like those of us over here in The Pop'rs Family. She says there's no reason to be too upset about The Pack's recent losses. Her mantra? "It's a Rebuilding Year."

Time to take solace in The Packers' storied past, and its quirky fans, who are parodied in the recent Packers Pro Shop commercials running in our area. This one features the Crazy Packers Fan and Wide Receiver Donald Driver, Number 80. I swear, these commercials make some of us laugh instead of cry in our Leinies! Oh, and more about our Family Connection to the Leinenkugels Brewery in an upcoming post!

Not a lot of Happy Campers at Sunday's Packer Party. But I guess if you're not gonna have a winning team, you should have Cool Gear. Or at least funny commercials about that gear.

7 comments:

Melissa B. said...

Ah, me. I fear you're right. And now the Jets aren't doin' squat, either. So we don't even have Brett's success to rub in Ted Thompson's face!

Susie said...

We have to tell ourselves something to make us feel better about the debacle that is going on out there.

Tracy P. said...

Purple is not so bad now, is it? Funny commercial--love the quart of milk! I once bought quarts. That was a LONG time ago!

Marrdy said...

We don't get funny commercials here in Utah when the Packs are not doing well. I just cry in my Diet Coke and try to go on!

Queenie Jeannie said...

LOL! My husband is a crazy Packer fan too. He's always a fan, but is pretty bummed out about this season.

I on the other hand am a VIKINGS fan and I'm pleased as punch, lol!!! (he says it's my only flaw!)

Anywho, before you go hatin' on me, I got my pop'prs in the mail today and blogged about it: http://happy-jeannie.blogspot.com/2008/12/my-prize-came.html

Thank you again!!

Kally said...

I agree with the whole rebuilding year thing. Sounds good to me.

Michelle said...

Wow... ummm, for a Vikings fan, that's a LOT of green and yellow. Love the commercial though ;) Hey, at least you aren't the Rams or Detroit, right?