Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday's Cyber Cafe: We Are Currently Experiencing Technical Difficulties...

For those of you who haven't lived through this particular computer-related phenomenon before, the above pic captures what's known in the business as The Blue Screen of Death. Just a little Christmas Present from Cyberland to Veggie Mom. This means that all computer functions, including e-mail, Family Christmas Newsletter (which, because I'm running behind, was going to be a Family New Years Newsletter), correspondence, etc., has been put On Hold until further notice.

Eat Your Veggies! will continue to be brought to you, in all its glory, via laptop. And, if you need to reach Veggie Mom anytime soon, please use my Alternative e-mail, VeggieMadre@gmail.com , until we can get a Computer Genius over here to sort things out.

The thing I'm most concerned about is the photos stored on the basement desktop that's currently experiencing technical difficulties. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Christmas Season Miracle!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

oh veggie mom!!! sending you lots of good juju to help your computer issues heal!!! hope all remains well otherwise in your lttle corner of the veggie-verse!

Susie said...

I am sorry to hear about your computer. It sucks when things like this go wrong. I hope it comes back soon:-)

Queenie Jeannie said...

OH man!!! What a pain in the neck, and I sure hope your pictures are ok!!! I have three backups for my pics and have started to burn CDs of them too.

Hopefully you get it all fixed soon!!!!!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I recently backed up all my photos and documents on CDs - makes me feel better. I also have 2 e-mail addresses, one Google, and have all addresses on both. blessings, marlene

Kathy said...

You asked about applying a caption to a picture on my blog, go right ahead. I got the picture off google.

must not be blank said...

Oh my goodness!! I had this happen a few months ago. The computer fixed itself somehow and I immediately backed up all my pictures--all 3875 of them! I wish you luck sorting this out!!

Marla said...

BSD ~ Santa must have missed your house... sorry but hope it goes away soon...

Marrdy said...

Wow, that pretty much stinks big time. I haven't had the blue screen of death forever. I keep hoping it will just follow Bill Gates around for eternity!

Candid Carrie said...

Often times a death like that can be postponed. I chose to ignore it.

Ignoring the blue screen of death is worse than not following through with a chain letter.

Good luck.

Michelle said...

Ooohhhhh ouch! Fingers crossed that a MAJOR computer genius quickly and easily fixes your computer. What a bummer!

But hey -- at least I know I'm not alone in putting out a New Years card this year ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope you have an external backup since you're using (gasp) Windows.

Marrdy said...

NFL Football...the good and the bad. Farve looses but the Packers win!!

Blog Stalker said...

That is not fun....as for me, I have what they call a love/hate relationship with technology. Love it, but it hates me!

Good luck!

Have a great day!

Rhonda said...

Oh crap!! That sucks! I hate how people get such a kick out of causing people this agony! The money and the heartache for all that gets lost on these darned these!
Good luck! I hope you get your Christmas miracle!

Anonymous said...

I hate that. I'll bet your stomach just dropped when you saw it. Thank goodness for computer experts.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the IT guru can at least get the pics off the hard drive for you...if nothing else. I just went through a similar thing with my laptop....my BIL got my pics back!!! If he wasn't married to my sister...I'd marry him! Ok, not really...but I was REALLY happy to get my pics!!!