Wednesday, December 17, 2008

ChapStick and My Cell Phone

Welcome to Veggie Mom's 50 Fabulous Facts! The rules are simple. If you open this post, then you Just. Have. To. Answer. The. Questions, Too! In a Post. At Your Place. Stole this from Lynda, who stole it in turn from Hot Tub Lizzy. Hope you get into the Spirit of Things, and steal this from me, OK?

Before we commence, the title of this post is not~I repeat, NOT~the title to a new country song. It's the answer to Question #35. So, here goes nuthin'. Or somethin'. Or, Anything Goes!


1. Do you like cheese? Did someone say Cheesehead? I am a Cheesehead!

2. Have you ever smoked? I’m pretty hot anyway, but the answer is “yes.”

3. Do you own a gun? Scared to death of ’em, so the answer would be "no."

4. Do you like listening to Christmas music? There’s a reason Nat Cole's middle name is "King."

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Depends on the appointment. Does a dentist count as a doctor?

6. What do you think of hot dogs? When I was preggers with The Wild One, hot dogs are all I craved. I was a walking advert for the Hebrew National Brand.

7. Favorite Christmas song for all time? “The Christmas Song.” See #4, puh-leese!

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Decaf Grande Skim Latte. Moker sez I could keep *Bucks in biz, all by my lonesome!

9. Can you do push ups? Lots of ’em! The orange sherbet/creamsicle Flintstones variety, butofcourse!

10. Who is your favorite "Grey's Anatomy" Character? Izzy, but she needs to So Get Over Herself—and get over Denny, too!

11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My Mom’s 1954 1-carat Tiffany engagement ring. Daddy bought it for her at the Real Tiffany & Co., on 57th & 5th in NYC.

12. Favorite hobby? Does Blogging count? Otherwise, reading.

13. Do you eat "exotic" foods? Yes. Anything but lima beans, and if it had enough salsa in it, I’d probably eat the lima beans, too! I tend to stay away from frogs legs and insects, but I have tried gator. Tastes like chicken!

14. Do you have A.D.D.? Huh? What was the question?

15. What one trait do you hate about yourself? I tend to interrupt. Moker calls me “Veggie Mom Interruptus.”

16. Middle Name? Mom

17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? This survey sure is long, do you think my answers are interesting, what was the question again (see #14)?

18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday? Decaf Grande Skim Latte (see #8), and I don’t think I spent a Hot Penny on anything else. Pretty amazing, no?

19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Green Tea, Decaf Grande Skim Latte (see #s 18and 8), Agua from the Tap.

20. Current worry right now? Hope the kids get home safely from California on Friday.

21. Current hate? As Mama used to say, “Hate is an awfully strong word,” but if I had to hate someone? My company’s “Middle-Management.”

22. Favorite place to be? Duck, Nawf Caro-LINE-a!

23. How do you bring in the New Year? Quiet dinner at home. Maybe a DVD. Getting’ too old for Champagne and Caviar!

24. Where would you like to go? Cuba. Especially Old Havana.
25. Name 3 people who will complete this? I’m hopin’ for Z’s Mom, Melissa B. and my New Bloggy Friend, Annie.

26. Do you own flip flops? More of a Birkie gal, myself. I have both the summer and the winter variety!

27. What shirt are you wearing? Green OBX sweatshirt, no hoodie.

28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Don’t believe I’ve ever had the pleasure!

29. Can you whistle? Yup. But I always wanted to learn to whistle between my fingers, too. Can you teach me, please?

30. Favorite color? Green (see #27). Also, favorite color of The Green Bay Packers and The New York Jets!

31. Would you be a pirate? Too violent (see #3). But I'd love the Booty (see #s 11 and 47).

32. What songs do you sing in the shower? “Ease on Down the Road,” (from "The Wiz," don't ask me why) or anything I’ve just heard on TV or radio. And I don't so much sing it, as whistle it (see #29).
33. Favorite girl's name? Tallulah.

34. Favorite boy's name? Jerome.

35. What's in your pocket right now? ChapStick and my cell phone (sounds like a good name for a country song!)

36. Last thing that made you laugh? A co-worker, disrespecting “Middle Management” (see #21).

37. Best bed sheets as a child? Don’t know that I had anything other than white. BUT, my favorite kids’ sheets, hands down? College Girl’s Little Mermaid set!

38. Worst injury you've ever had? Broke my tailbone when I was hit by a car at age 14.

39. Do you love where you live? Oh, But of Course!

40. How many TVs do you have in your house? Three, but who's counting?

41. Who is your loudest friend? Steve. Especially on his cellie!

42. How many dogs do you have? Zero (I'm a Cat Woman), but my SIL has two!

43. Does someone have a crush on you? I can only hope!

44. Do you get embarrassed easily? Sometimes. Depends.

45. What is your favorite book? May I pick two? To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee, and In Cold Blood, by Truman Capote. Coincidentally, they were childhood friends, and Ms. Lee helped Mr. Capote with the research on his blockbuster real-crime novel.
46. What is your favorite candy? Hershey’s Kisses. Or anything in the Whitman’s Sampler.

47. Do you know all the words to the Fresh Prince theme song? No, but I’m partial to Will Smith!

48. What song do you want played at your funeral? Anything Beatles, except maybe “Helter Skelter.”

49. What were you doing 12 AM last night? Sleeping. Probably snoring, too!

50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? I wondered what I was gonna post today.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

omg!!! fifty questions!!! okay okay okay... i promise i will!!! :))) ps we tried the pop'rs this weekend on mashed taters and broccoli for my three year old fussy nephew and he LOVED them!!! i sent a couple jars from teh set home with my very grateful sister!!! :)))

Margaret said...

Yes your answers are very interesting (? # 17).

That was lots of fun to read.

I think this is my first time to your blog, and I feel I know you so well after reading this post.

Anonymous said...

Oh oh oh!!! I wanna see the Tiffany ring, I wanna see the Tiffany ring. Plleezzz can we see the Tiffany ring?

Lynda said...

Ugh - lima beans are my number one hated food - yuck!

Tiffany said...

Great list of questions and answers! Now I'm going to have the Fresh Prince song running through my head all day :-)

Melissa B. said...

*WOOT*! Love the List! I'll do it this weekend, OK? And I have ta say, I'm a tad sweet on The Fresh Prince, too!

Rebecca Jo said...

That is too funny!!! Creative answers...

And I'm with you.... Izzie needs to get over Denny QUICK!

Tiffany said...

#2 had me cracking up... you are so funny.

Corey~living and loving said...

that was so fun. YOu cracked me up. good to get to know you better. :)
Have a great day!

Michelle said...

Oh how fun - I'm totally stealing this one in a few days.

And as for your addiction? I have a money saving idea for you if you don't already know about it: see my post from Wednesday!

So do you have a snow day today, too?

Anonymous said...

Great answers!!!! I feel like I know you a little better now. ;)

Thanks for the shout out...I will do this next week....although my answers won't be nearly as entertaining as yours I'm sure....