Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Best of 2008

Best Posts
When I started Eat Your Veggies! back in June, I really had no idea what to expect. As the days, weeks and months have rolled on by, I think I've grown as a person, as a friend, and most certainly as a blogger. Every day brings new challenges~and new surprises as well. Who would have thought that Little Ol' Veggie Mom and The Great Big Blogger would become so tight, so fast? Hey, we're practically BFF!

Today I celebrate my 195th post of 2008. That's 195 straight days of posting at this humble site. A pretty impressive accomplishment, I'd say!

To Usher out the Old and Welcome in the New, I'd like to play off my Bloggy Buddy Vicki, and her Best Posts of the Week. For those of you In the Know, BPOTW is a wonderful showcase for your weekly Cyber Home Runs. Vicki's also hosting a Best Posts of the Year this week~you should Check. It. Out!

The following are what Aunt Julie and Uncle Lynn, my fabulous SIL and BIL, consider Veggie Mom's Best Posts of the Year. Yes, we've only been in the Blogosphere for six months, but we've got to start somewhere, don't we? And please, let us know which ones you like, or what you'd like to see more of. Hey~We consider Eat Your Veggies! to be your blog, too!

10. Would You Like Geraniums with Your Coffee? Who knew that used coffee grounds would perk up droopy plants? ~June 28

9. Happy Birthday, U.S. of A.! I've always loved this pic of The Wild One, getting a ride on Daddy's Back at the 1991 Desert Storm parade. A True Hallmark Moment! ~July 4

8. More Than a Patchwork of Memories. I started showcasing Aunt Julie's talents with this post of the "kweelt" she stitched for College Boy. For more of Julie Eliz's Handiwork, please Click Here, Here, and Here, too! ~July 9

7. Beat Those Back-to-School Blues with a Giveaway! Yes, this a post featuring one of Uncle Lynn's fabulous Pop'rs Giveaways. We did eight of 'em this year, can you believe it? This post also showcases a sweet snap of the tight-knit group of Pop'rs Cousins! ~August 22

6. Welcome to Wisconsin! This was our Day in the Sun with Blog Around the World, featuring my Hubz and Guest Blogger, Moker. ~August 26

5. Empty Nesters. This is the poignant post I submitted to Vicki for Best Posts of the Year. The title, I think, speaks for itself! ~September 12

4. Aunt Julie Hosts *Recipe Week*! This is the first post in the debut of Julie Eliz's two *Recipe Weeks* this year. To take a gander at her November offering, Click Here. ~September 15

3. Welcome, SITStas! Don't Let This Photo Get Your Goat! We were the SITS Featured Blogger in early October. Remember the Goats on the Roof? ~October 6

2. Fx4: Please Welcome Rowdy to the Pop'rs Family! This is but one of more than a dozen times that I participated in Candid Carrie's Friday Foto Finish Fiesta. Rowdy, of course, is The Pop'rs Family's new dog. While no puppy could ever replace Trouble Elizabeth, who passed away in October, Rowdy's certainly added a "new dimension" to everyone's lives! ~November 7

1. Fx4: Bad Puppy! Another Candid Carrie offering. As everyone who owns a puppy knows, with the cute little ball of fluff comes a certain amount of exasperation, as well! Enjoy Julie Eliz's tale of Traveling with a Puppy! ~December 26

Ten seems like a nice, round number, so I'll cut it off here. Of course, I didn't mention Shark Boy and his adventures, or College Boy and the story that will steal your heart away. Nor did I touch on Soccer Boy and his run for glory, or Big Bear, and how he rescued my two in a Bonifide Wisconsin Blizzard. Then there are Vanna White's escapades, College Girl's tempting Toll House techniques, and The Wild One's mugging for The Green Bay Packers. And then, well, there are The Hapless Packers. But I need to stop. Happy New Year, Everyone!

7 comments:

Ritch in Love said...

Now THIS is a fun idea!! I may copy you and her, too!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are blogging too!!!

Happy New Year!!!!

Kally said...

Wow! I remember most of these posts and loved them all. Great idea.

Hope you and yours have a Happy New Year!

Dawn said...

Happy New Year!

Gombojav Tribe said...

We got Popr's for Christmas. On my blog (link below) you can see an adorable picture of my nephew opening them up and being thrilled. It's soooo cute!

http://gombojav.blogspot.com/2008/12/christmas-at-papa-and-nanas.html

It's the seventh picture down, I believe.

must not be blank said...

I am glad you are blogging, too! I love your recipe posts--great food!!
I wish you a wonderful and blessed new year!

Michelle said...

Oh what fun. And oddly enough, yay I'd already read most of them. Phew! Happy New Year!