Wednesday, December 24, 2008

All I Want for Christmas...

Some of you long-time readers might remember Veggie Mom and Her Pretty Pedicure in honor of Election Day. I wore Packers Plaid (featured above, also), and settled in to watch the returns from the Comfort of My Own Home.

Those of you who follow us over here in Pop'rs Land also know that we're all Hard-Core Green Bay Packers Fans around here. And I usually post about the most recent Packer Debacle a couple of days after the game, to make sure the sting has worn off a little.

Today is no different that in weeks past. Last week, I brought you the Latest in Cheese-Wear. The week before that, I spoke optimistically about A Rebuilding Year. The week before that, I featured Mr. Frowny Cheesehead.

Today, you can plainly see my Packers Plaid from Monday night's game. Of course, I'm wearing my moccasins, 'cause it's winter, and all. And Jordy Nelson, My Favorite Packer Rookie, is striding across the TV screen. But we still came up short! Even Patch the Cat, whom you can see in the bottom right-hand corner of the pic, has her ears back. It's been That Kind of Year!

Congrats to all you Chicago Bears fans out there. What can I say? All I want for Christmas is a Green Bay defense that isn't Made of Swiss Cheese!

8 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Well my hubby is right there mopey with ya!! He'a Pack Nut too. Even I wanted them to win because I'm a Vikings fan and didn't want the Bears to win this game.

No throwing poppers at me now....Thomas says it's my only flaw, lol!

Merry Christmas.....and there's always next year, right??

Tara R. said...

Merry Christmas to you and your Veggie Mom and Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Well, at least they were better than our Rams! I don't want to talk about!

Merry Christmas!!!

Ritch in Love said...

I have always been a Packers girl (Even though my dad tried his darndest to raise me to be a 49er's fan) My husband is a Cowboys fan and now I am by default. So I have two teams. Neither one of us had a good year this year...oh well. There's always next year! Have a Merry Christmas Veggie Mom!

Marrdy said...

I am still bummed! There is always next year right? At least my brother in law isn't making fun of me as much anymore...he's a Raiders fan.

Susie said...

Our poor Packers!! Maybe over the off season we will find a defense. Because God knows we need one:-)

Have a Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Veggie Mom to you and the whole POPr's family.

Thanks for one interesting and delightful year!

Michelle said...

Oooo yay Queenie Jeanie who's also a Vikings fan.

I have to admit that the Packers loss on Monday was particularly galling though. We were listening to it on the radio on the drive back from STL, and I couldn't beLIEVE the Bears won that game. Somehow. *sigh*