Sunday, November 9, 2008

Aunt Julie Hosts *Recipe Week*-Part Deux

We had such a Fun and Successful *Recipe Week* in September, that Aunt Julie has decided to do it again! Every day, between now and next Sunday, we'll be sharing Yummy Recipes with all of our Bloggy Friends, as part of Aunt Julie's *Recipe Week*--Part Deux.

At the end of the week--next Sunday, to be precise--we have a little ol' surprise in store for ya! We'll be asking readers to submit Yummy Dishes of their own to share, as the lead-up to our Next Pop'rs Giveaway!

Today's recipe is an Old Wisconsin Favorite, which we start thinking about just as the leaves begin to turn. Hot Beefs go really well with Cold Beer, and put us in mind of a Packer Party. The above pic, BTW, captures Uncle Lynn and his Mom, Pearl, right in the midst of tailgating at Historic Lambeau Field.

So, think about us Packer Fans as you're pulling out your crock pot, browning the meat, and setting the whole thing on "low" so it can simmer throughout the day. Go, Pack!

Aunt Julie's Hot Beefs
1 chuck roast (three to four pounds)
Small amount of olive oil
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 envelope Lipton's Beefy Onion Soup Mix
1 beer, can of beef broth or water (your choice)
Whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted

Brown the roast on top of the stove in a little olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle the roast with salt & pepper as you're browning it. Transfer the browned roast to a crock pot. Add the envelope of Lipton Soup Mix, and about an inch of water, canned beef broth, or beer. The Pop'rs Family prefers the "beer option." Let the roast cook on "low" all day. At dinnertime, the meat will shred very easily with a fork. Stir it all up, and serve with a little juice on toasted buns. Aunt Julie likes sliced pickles on hers, and maybe a little ketchup. Moker and Veggie Mom love sliced raw onions and ketchup. Maybe even a little Texas Pete instead of ketchup!

Lay's Kettle Cooked JalapeƱo Chips are a lovely accompaniment to this delightful repast. And have another bottle of beer, while you're at it!

~Tomorrow: Aunt Julie's Beef Stoganoff!~

16 comments:

Mandy said...

I popped over from SITS, you have some great ideas!
-Mandy
www.gourmetmomonthego.blogspot.com

Susie said...

I didn't know you were from Wisconsin too!! Go Packers:-)

Melissa B. said...

Hot Beefs? Sounds delish! The weather is just turning cooler, and Hubz does nothing but watch football all weekend, so this could be the cure to my dinnertime blues! BTW, please don't forget Sx3 today...we have a VERY timely snap for ya!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Sounds yummy!

My husband is a HUGE Packers fan.....and yet he married a HUGE Vikings fan, lol!! He likes to say it's my only flaw.

Rhonda said...

Sounds delightful!

Unknown said...

This is one of my FAV recipes but i have thought of useing a can of beer-yummmy and I know we MUST be related because Lays Kettle cooked jalapeno chips are my fav!

stopping by from SITS to say Hi-now I am hungry

Unknown said...

that should have read I have NOT thought of useing a can of beer for the liquid-GREAT idea-sorry my typist has Sundays off ;-)

Michelle said...

Mmmm, I love this kind of beef. And beer is the only option, really. At least in my mind! :) I'll be thinking of a good recipe to share. A foundation I'm involved in just published a cookbook (as in last Wednesday they arrived) that we're selling as a fundraiser, and I had a few recipes in it... I love new inspirations! :)

Anonymous said...

The hot beefs look yummy. I'm going to give it a try.

Tracy P. said...

Yum!

I'm speechless. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yum! I could go for one of those hot beefs right now! Thanks for entering my giveaway! That's how I found your blog---and I'm glad I did--I look forward to reading the rest of it! Have a great week! Patti

Tara R. said...

Ohhh... more Aunt Julie recipes! This is going to be awesome, and just in time for holiday parties.

SuZ said...

Oh yum-eeeee!!!

Jane In The Jungle said...

I've got a recipe very similar to this and it's GREAT! Thanks for the WEEK of sharing!

Marrdy said...

Oh look at that picture!! That's where I want to be....great game today.

And the recipe sounds delish!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm just gonna comment here and stop searching through all your blog posts for now...bc I just ate dinner, but seeing all these awesome recipes is making me hungry!!!!