Thursday, November 13, 2008

Aunt Julie's *Recipe Week*, Day #5: We're in "Soup Mode," for Sure!

Yes, it's true, Dear Readers. I get hungry for a Hearty Bowl of Soup as soon as that First Snowflake Falls. Yesterday, we treated you to Aunt Julie's Wild Rice Soup; today, you're in for another treat from Julie Eliz's Recipe Box. Of course, you must serve Aunt Julie's Broccoli Soup with some more of those crusty and delish Fresh Sheboygan Hard Rolls!


Aunt Julie's Broccoli Soup
1 ½ cup chicken broth
½ cup chopped onion
2 cups broccoli
Combine ingredients, boil, then simmer 10 minutes, 'til broccoli is tender

In the meantime:

Melt 2 tbsp butter.
Add 2 tbsp flour, stir.

Add ¼ tsp. each, salt and pepper
Slowly add 1 cup milk.
Warm, and stir.

Add the butter/flour mixture to chicken broth/onion/broccoli, and stir 'til thick.
You can double or triple this recipe for a crowd! And, don't forget the Sheboygan Hard Rolls!

~Tomorrow, in the Best Bipartisan Tradition for Candid Carrie's Fx4: John McCain's Ribs & Obama Family Chili!~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's yummy... I too hasve tried lot of food recipes through Cooking.com.

Tara R. said...

Ymmmm... one of my all time fav soups. I may have to make a big pot this weekend.

Michelle said...

Mmmm, now THIS is a nice hearty soup. I wonder if I could talk the wee ones into eating it. Hey, if not, that's all the more for me, right?

Sandi McBride said...

I was printing out and running for kitchen with this recipe...then I sent Mac to the garden for a fresh head of broccoli...guess what we're having for supper? Thanks!
Sandi

Anonymous said...

That soup looks and sounds awesome...I will be trying this for sure!

Can't wait for the bipartisan recipes tomorrow. ;)

Rhonda said...

I can already hear the slurping.....

I'm off to make the beef stroganoff now!!! This soup will be for tomorrow!!!

Marrdy said...

Oh yum. My daughter would love this! Guess I'll have to try this one too :)