Friday, November 28, 2008

Fx4: More to be Thankful For

This is Ratchet, the Iraqi puppy who was adopted by Sgt. Gwen Beberg of Minneapolis. You probably remember reading about Ratchet and his plight over at Zander and Me back in October, and, of course at my place, Here and Here.

It was Gonna be Gonners for this Cute Little Ol' Pup until a group called Operation Baghdad Pups came to the rescue. More than 70,000 folks signed the petition to allow Ratchet to come home to the Twin Cities, where he's now cared for by Sgt. Beberg's family, until she can make it Stateside, too. That's Sgt. Beberg's Mom, Pat, greeting Ratchet at the Minneapolis airport October 23.

Playing along with Candid Carrie today, and her FanTAbulous Friday Foto Fiesta Finish...For Real! Fx4 is Far Out!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

stories like that always make me cry. then i run and give my two rescued puppies a big hug. i wish i could adopt more... i'd happily take in a third, but my hubby says NO MORE :(((. i can't wait to try my popperthingies!!!!!

Susie said...

Great things happen when people work for the greater good. Awesome post:-)

wendy said...

Glad the dog was able to come here and live out a good life. Heartwarming for sure!

Anonymous said...

Yea! I won! What do I need to do now?? Thanks so much Veggie Mom, I'm very excited to try my Pop'rs :-)

Laura Marchant said...

Got the package today! We can't wait to try them. Thank you!!!

debi9kids said...

What a fantastic story and a wonderful picture!
Happy friday!

Melissa B. said...

Awwwwwwwww...Yay for Ratchet! I wonder what they fed him for Turkey Day?

Anonymous said...

Awwww..I LOVE it! Looking at that makes me cry...I know that mom is feeling like a small part of her daughter is home right now....and that she is making her daughter's burdens so much less by taking care of Ratchet!!!

Thanks for staying up with Ratchet....you rock!!!

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

Aww...It's amazing 70,000 people signed a petition. Wow! Happy Late Turkey Day. Hope to get to know you and would love to share my blog with you. Have a good day!

Sandi McBride said...

Awwww...so glad that Ratchet made it "home".
Sandi