Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Aunt Julie's *Recipe Week*: Day #4: Something Wild is Going On!

OK, I definitely think I saw a snowflake or two today! Is it time to break out the soup pot yet? Veggie Mom's just gonna make an Executive Decision here. With nighttime temps in the 20s, we say it's Soup Weather, whether the calendar says so or not!


Aunt Julie tells me not to let you in on the Big Secret of this Little Recipe...that it's sooooooooo easy! But you'll figure that out when you make it yourself. So, for Day #4 of Aunt Julie's *Recipe Week*, we present:

Aunt Julie's Wild Rice Soup
½ cup wild rice. Rinse, and cook 35 minutes in 2 cups of water. Drain.
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of potato soup
2 cans of milk
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Warm everything together. Top with fresh bacon bits. This Superb Soup will keep warm very nicely in a crockpot. Serve your soup with some nice Fresh Sheboygan Hard Rolls. Can't get to Northeastern Wisconsin? They deliver!
~Tomorrow (as long as we're in "Soup Mode"): Aunt Julie's Broccoli Soup!~

9 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Wow! Doesn't get much easier than that!

Definitely. Soup. Weather.

Jane In The Jungle said...

Ok I LOVE wild rice soup!! And making it so easy is an added blessing! Thanks!

Sandi McBride said...

Not a fan of wild rice but looking forward to the broccoli soup recipe!! LOVE IT!!!! LOL, Mac just walked in and decided he'd like to try that soup in the picture...guess I'll be trying it after all!!
hugs
Sandi

Anonymous said...

Definitely time for soup and chili! This looks delicious!

Michelle said...

Wild Rice soup is something I SOOO miss from living in MN (mmmm Byerly's was alwayst the best!). I actually bought some wild rice at the Fair when I was up there this summer because I couldn't resist. The plan is to do carrot soup tonight, but I may need to make me some wild rice soup soon! It's FREEZING out there!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Aunt Julie sure knows how to make some soup! My favorite thing about autumn is soups and thick, crusty breads.
mmmmmm...glad I stopped by!

Melissa B. said...

It's cold and damp enough tonite to make this a Great Soup Nite! No one's home over here, though, so might wait 'til tomorrow. Thanks...are those rolls just too Delish?

Rhonda said...

Wow! That sounds so easy!!! I can't wait for tomorrow! I love broccoli soup!!!

Kathleen W. said...

That looks so delicious! I've never thought of putting wild rice in a soup!