Sunday, November 30, 2008

Up to Our Keisters, and Beyond!

We had such a lovely, uneventful Turkey Day Holiday, celebrating with family and friends. So, we knew that Getaway Sunday, the Busiest Travel Day of the Year, Might. Come. To. This.

No, this shot isn't current. It was snapped by a TJ, whom we presume is a UW-Madison student, judging by his profile. It was posted on his blog, Feeding Milk to Chickens, in February 2008, the last time The Badger State had a snowstorm of monumental proportions.

That day, Wisconsin suffered snows that Shut. The. State. Down. And we're talkin' schools, government offices, the whole proverbial Ball of Wax. OK, we're Mixing Metaphors here, but still...

Southeastern Wisconsin, from Madison to Milwaukee, is forecast to get something along the lines of 10 inches today. According to Moker, and his Profile of Wisconsin for Blog Around the World, we Hardy Cheeseheads enjoy weather akin to "Nine months of winter, and three months of tough sledding."

We're just a Tad Concerned today, though. The East Coast Branch of The Pop'rs Cousins are traveling back to school at Larry U. Today. In the Snow. Hope the precipitation doesn't dump enough to cover poor ol' Mr. Lincoln's Head in front of Bascom Hall. But ya never know!

On a much more positive note, The Green Bay Packers play Carolina today at Lambeau Field. Snow is forecast. Go, Pack!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

i was stunned to walk outside this mornng and see SNOW coming down! the weather people all SWORE it was gonna be rain!!! i knew it was coming, though... was smelling it for days...

Laura Marchant said...

They said snow overnight for us but this morning my lawn is still green.

Susie said...

I know....my daughter is making her way down from Eau Claire this afternoon to go back to school in Madison. She normally drives her car here in Brookfield but today, I said, keep it in Madison until the snow passes.

Tara R. said...

Wow! And here I am being a weenie about it only being in the 60s today. Puts that into perspective.

Melissa B. said...

We've had a nasty little ol' rain-out today...I think I'd rather have snow than a cold, cold rain!

Queenie Jeannie said...

My hubby is bummin'.....he's a HUGE Packer fan. Always next week, huh?

Michelle said...

Oooo, good luck with the travels. This am on the radio they said 3-6 inches for us (nothing, really) but by the time we left for church, it was up to 5-8 inches with snow warnings starting at 3pm. So far not much has stuck, but I'm sure the roads are nasty. Here's hoping it clears up by tomorrow as I need to go into the office, and the wee ones need to go to school! ;)

Marrdy said...

Love the smow. Am bummed about the Packers! SOB!!

Anonymous said...

We got a dusting of snow today....it was gone by this afternoon!!!

I hope everyone makes it home safely!

Tiffany said...

10 inches?

Oh my.

Good luck with that.

Claremont First Ward said...

That's a lot of snow! I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving......did everyone make it back home/to school safely?

TJ said...

Thanks for the plug. Unfortunately, I did not take that pic! I actually linked to a picture from the UW-Madison German department's website, as you will see if click on it again. So really, I borrowed it too, lol. The pictures on the actual post are my own, but that link I can not take credit for. I am in fact a student at UW-Madison, and I have taken pictures of Mr. Lincoln, but that is not one of them.

As much as I appreciate the plug, I just thought I should make things right. I will definitely be reading your blog tho, now that I've found that of a fellow Wisconsinite.

T.J.

TJ said...

One more thing, that snow storm did indeed shut the state down... except UW-Madison. Hence the rant that you got the photo from!

Mrs4444 said...

I love the snow! If it's going to be cold, I'd rather have the snow with it. :)