Z's Mom, my most Socially Conscious Bloggy Friend, posted about a cool program the other day that will help you Thank Our Heroes this Holiday Season. Remember, Z's Mom is the one who turned us all on to Ratchet's Predicament and helped to facilitate his Happy Homecoming.
PO Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD
- Enclose no hazardous materials. Every card the group receives will first be screened by Pitney Bowes and then reviewed by Red Cross volunteers working in one of 16 sorting stations around the country.
- All cards must be postmarked no later than Wednesday, December 10, 2008. Cards sent after this date will be returned to sender.
- Participants are encouraged to limit the number of cards they submit to 25 from any one person or 50 from any one class or group. If you are mailing a larger quantity, please bundle the cards and place them in large mailing envelopes. Each card does not need its own envelope or postage.
- Please ensure that all cards are signed.
- Please use generic salutations such as “Dear Service Member.” Cards addressed to specific individuals can not be delivered through this program.
- Please send cards as opposed to long letters, which delay a quick review process.
- Please do not include e-mail or home addresses on the cards, as the program is not meant to foster pen pal relationships.
- Please do not include inserts of any kind, including photos, as these items will be removed during the reviewing process.
- All cards received may be used in program publicity efforts, including appearing in broadcast, print or online mediums.
- For more information you can click here: Holiday Mail for Heroes