Monday, September 21, 2009

An Early Quilt


This is one of my favorite quilts, and one of the first that I made. It is an Ohio Star, on a natural background. The colors are rich reds, forest greens, rusts and browns, golds and soothing blues. The best part of this quilt, though, is that the plain blocks are hand quilted. Back when I had time!



The quilting pattern is a feathered wreath.



There are little tiny blood stains on the back in several places. If I were to try this again, all sharp objects would have to be hidden! With four boys, when did I ever have time to do this?

Must have been back in the days when the boys were in bed early, and I stayed up late. Now,
the reverse is true!

And no, none of the college-bound kids got hand-quilted quilts for their dorms!

Don't forget to check out my newest contest! It'll be lots of fun. And it involves a puppy!

Hmmmm....Enter quick...winner announced on Friday, Sept. 25.

6 comments:

Vanessa Rogers said...

quilts are NOT easy projects. Well done on this one :)

Tracy P. said...

That is so gorgeous. Your stitching looks flawless! I quilted when I was single--but quit when my own babies were born. Never did anything full-size though, so you have my deepest admiration!

Debbie said...

I am so extremely impressed. How I wish a had a tiny bit of your talent.

Susie said...

It's gorgeous!!

Julie H said...

Very pretty! Have you tried a little peroxide to get the blood out? It usually takes it right out.

bettygram said...

What a beautiful quilt. I used the same pattern for a quilt I made for my mother with the kids pictures and their art work on it but it was years ago. I had the plan to make quilts for each of my children. I have about five blocks made for my oldest. I have material for my youngest.