Wednesday, October 14, 2009

October is...

BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH


St. Elizabeth's hospital, in Appleton, Wisconsin has Walk-In Wednesdays. Mammograms are done on Wednesdays, no appointment needed.

Last Wednesday, that is just what I did. It was easy and fast. There was no time to dread the procedure, and maybe call to reschedule, as I have been known to do.

So what about you? Have you had a mammogram recently? Are you due?

Now, if they would just offer a walk-in colonoscopy, we'd really have something!


Brought to you by Six Word Saturday, hosted by Cate at Show My Face.


8 comments:

Sandi McBride said...

Had my mammy done...do you suppose the guys would be quite as good as we are if they had to find out about prostate scares in the same way? Still bruised, but all's clear!
Sandi

Susie said...

I am due in January:-)

Melissa B. said...

I am due. And I'm getting my heinie in to do it soon. My friend Carmen just had surgery and is recovering. A mammogram caught her cancer early, thank God.

Autumn said...

YAY Another breast cancer awareness 6ws!! I wish they had walk in wednesdays here! That would make things a lot easier on some of the girls in my generation who've never been checked professionally.

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

I have one every other year since I was in my early 30s. They're no big deal, and don't take too much time. Definitely worth the piece of mind!!

Dr.John said...

We are now very much aware

Lizze said...

That is very cool about the pop in appointments. And I totally hear you on the colonoscopy appointments...if only...

Happy 6WS! :)

Call Me Cate said...

They're having a mobile mammography unit come to our work - can't be any more simple than that. Thanks for playing along this week!