Friday, July 3, 2009

See You in September!

This is Aunt Julie, guest writing for Veggie Mom today, so she can have a day off. I wanted to take this moment, and this medium, to brag about her girls, College Girl and the Wild One, a little.


I have known them since they were tiny, (naturally, since I am "Aunt Julie" and all) and just wanted to say what lovely young women they have matured into! Uncle Lynn and I could not be more proud. Their cousins are too, thought they won't admit it!

College Girl recently graduated with honors from Lawrence University, with a degree in History. In the fall, she will be off to the University of Wisconsin Madison to study law.


The Wild One is studying photography at Lawrence, and just completed her freshman year.

UW-Madison is Moker, their Dad's, alma mater. And also that of Uncle Lynn, who got his law degree from there, when tuition was about $1.50.

As part of Candid Carrie's Friday Foto Finish Fiesta, thought I'd share some photos, taken by Veggie Mom's sister, Miss Jo. I also want to wish the girls a safe and happy summer!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Hi Aunt Julie, so nice to see you here. Okay, now I get it. Now I see why Veggie Mom is so gosh darn proud of those girls. They're both lovely and Mom Proud Makers!

Here's hoping Veggie Mom is enjoying her one day off! I'll bet she's touching up the flags on her toes or preparing a feast!

Anonymous said...

What a great aunt! And sister, too! What great daughters, too! Veggie Mom deserves a day off for doing such a great job:)

Melissa B. said...

Congrats to the POPrs Family for turning out such lovely young ladies. And congrats to Veggie for getting a well-deserved bloggy vay-cay!

Tracy P. said...

They are so cute! What a great mom they have!

Bohemian Knuckleboogie said...

Hi Aunt Julie: Thanks for sharing about your awesome nieces. Does that mean that if kids eat their Poppers they'll turn out as smart and beautiful as College Girl One and the Wild One ?
I also liked Veggie Mom's earlier tale of Lacy the fern. What a legacy that Lacy has wrought !
Ms. Lacy also reminded me of VM's Topsy Turvy tomatoes. How are they turning out and what's the T2 secret to success ?

Aunt Julie said...

Stay tuned for a Tomato Update!
Thanks for the kind words, too.
I appreciate it.

Michelle said...

Aww, how sweet of you! And what impressive nieces you have. But not surprising considering your own talents. I've been an admirer for awhile here!

Susie said...

I am looking forward to visiting the new hostess:-)