Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Birthday Quilt to Remember

As The Wild One's birthday approaches, I've started thinking again about Aunt Julie and her marvelous quilts.

Julie Eliz stitched this one for TWO when she was a baby. The pattern is called Basket of Lillies. The POPrs Family came to visit for Christmas, and this was The Wild One's first Christmas gift from her Auntie Julie, the Quilting Queen.

This beautiful creation usually hangs on a dowell rod on the wall behind our bed. Today it's draped over Baba's Bench. I wouldn't leave it outside in this quaint setting for long, though. Too many of our feathered friends frequent the adjoining bird bath!

7 comments:

Kiki said...

Beautiful quilt! What a special gift. I wish I had some skills in the craft department so I could create something as precious. I have trouble sewing a button. What is it with birds always relieving themselves on our things? They have a great big backyard here and some woods to do their business. It annoys me. Take care.
-Kiki

Susie said...

It's gorgeous!!

Marrdy said...

It's beautiful. I think Aunt Julie should start an Etsy shop!

Radical Selfie said...

Thanks for sharing! Hey, stop by my blog when you get a sec. I have something for ya...

Anonymous said...

I seriously wanna learn how to make a quilt...but I guess I'd have to learn to use a sewing machine first!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today! :) Hope you get a chance to try the recipe!

Michelle said...

Oh what lovely talents she has. I'm always so impressed! She's a special lady.