Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wordful Wednesday: The Gal with the Green Thumb

I think we established a long time ago that Aunt Julie is the Gal with the Green Thumb. Well, June is bustin' out all over right about now at her place.

"This is my newest baby," Julie Eliz enthuses. "It is a tree peony. The petals look just like crepe paper. They are about 8 inches across. Just beautiful!

"It's just finished blooming, and won't flower again until next year at this time," Julie says. "Bummer."

What isn't a bummer is those Topsy Turvy Tomatoes of hers. I saw them just the other day. They've got blooms already, so we'll see what happens when those crazy, upside-down things start to bear fruit. I promise to keep you updated.

Thanks so much to the winners of our POPrs Giveaway, and to everyone who stopped by yesterday to help me celebrate my First Blogoversary. Tons o' Fun, huh?

Today's post is brought to you by Angie and her Wordful Wednesday.

12 comments:

Susie said...

Gorgeous!!

Faith said...

Very pretty! Thanks for mentioning the topsy turvy tomato thing, I see those EVERYWHERE and wanted to try one but not if they don't work. Mabye now I'll pick one up!

Dee said...

Very nice! Oh and we have a garden full of veggies but we always have a problem of deer and other animals getting them and had been thinking of doing the topsy turvy tomatoes. We talked more about it and decided to put some extra plants that we have up like that..we'll see how it goes!

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Wow! A tree peony - how cool is that!? I'm interested in how the tomatoes turn out...

Cammie said...

hello! Thanks for popping by on my SITS day!!!

Anonymous said...

A tree peony? I've never seen one and as a matter of fact, this was the first year I've been graced with a peony.

Can't wait to see those upside tomatoes!

Marrdy said...

That Aunt Julie really does have a gift. I wonder if these would grow in the desert...oh, wait...we have had three weeks of rain. These are beautiful!

Brenda said...

Beautiful flowers, can't wait to hear more about the tomatoes.

Cascia Talbert said...

What a beautiful flower! I'd love to see more. Have a wonderful day.

Michelle said...

Oh, I get so jealous over people with a green thumb.

Muthering Heights said...

Wow, that flower is beautiful!

Claremont First Ward said...

Peonies are my favorite flower. Too bad they only bloom once a year! They sure are beautiful while they last!