Monday, June 29, 2009

Celebrating the 4th with The Gilmore Girls

Everyone's home to celebrate the 4th, so I thought I'd continue my tradition of commemorating special occasions, this time with a Patriotic Pedicure.

One of the things that's so different between my house and Aunt Julie's place is the female quotient. You see, I'm the Mom of two young women; Julie Eliz, on the other hand, has four boys at home.

The major difference? We spend our time watching Gilmore Girls re-runs and they're more than likely to have a Lethal Weapon marathon running.

But all joking aside, I'm happy to have my peeps home. Turned out one of Aunt Julie's Blueberry Pies last night. More is in store, as we count down to fireworks and the 4th.

What do you have planned for the upcoming festivities?

9 comments:

Kiki said...

Thanks for popping over to my blog. Great entry. Love the pedicure. I should do something festive too instead of my standard precious pink. Happy 4th to you and your family. We will be traveling to a family get together to visit the in-laws and my Hubby's siblings and their families. Should provide much needed drama. Take care.
-Kiki

Anonymous said...

You've got a patriotic pedi; what will you think of next?
Small town parade, crabs and small town fireworks are on our agenda. Tradition. I love traditions, don't you?

Liz Mays said...

I want those toes!

Melissa B. said...

In years past, we've ventured down to the National Mall to celebrate with the gazillions down there. Or, we've headed up to Capitol Hill to take in the National Symphony on the West Lawn of the Capitol. This year, though, I think we're opting for fireworks on a smaller scale. A close-to-home celebration seems in order.

BTW, my youngest just launched a photo blog, and I'm shamelessly trolling for traffic. Please visit my site to see what she's got going, and pay her a visit!

Marrdy said...

I always love the pictures of your toes!! And blueberry pie?? I am totally on board for that!

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

Looooove the nails! Looks great!

Susie said...

That's why I had girls:-)

Anonymous said...

Love your toes!

The 4th is our anniversary!

Michelle said...

THAT. Is so cool. Way cool. I love it. How did you do that? Great toes :)