Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

Look familiar?


I've only done this once. Went to Target at 4 in the morning, years ago, and cannot even remember what I was hunting for. I do remember that whatever it was, I did NOT get it. And made a resolution to stay in bed, digesting turkey and pumpkin pie, on all future Black Fridays.


But not this year. You see, now it is 3:25 a.m. and I just finished shopping online. I was in bed early, pooped from the long day of cooking and cleaning. My eyes popped open at 2:00 or so and could not get back to sleep. So I got online, to browse, and ended up with three great deals.


Wish I could tell you what they were, but my kids read this blog. (Hi, boys). Amazon had a Lightning Deal and I took it. Turns out that by the time I went back to shop some more, it was already gone. Saved 50% on something I was going to pay full price for in a store. Something that is never discounted. So I scored, and in my pj's, too!


So, after I congratulate myself, I'm having a piece of pumpkin pie, with lots of whipped cream, and going back to bed!

3 comments:

MOO said...

I'm actually headed out to the mall in a couple of minutes. The mall opened at midnight, and we heard on the news that the parking garages were full by 1 a.m. Before I left, though, wanted to let you know that I posted some fairly attractive Packers pixes today and Wednesday. Love Uncle Lynn's shirt!

Susie said...

That's my kind of shopping!!

Tracy P. said...

I'm LOVING the IDEA of Black Friday on my laptop in my jammies. But in the end, all I have done is put away serving bowls and pull out some Christmas decorations. Shopping is overrated.