Friday, November 27, 2009

Woodson More Than A Football Player

I am participating in Six Word Saturday, hosted by Cate at Show My Face.





If you read this blog, even a little bit, you know I'm a Packer Backer. And a Brett Favre fan.
Even when Brett is wearing purple. And I love to love Donald Driver too. But my eyes have been opened to another player, who is really amazing.

Charles Woodson is a little guy. But he is big in many ways. He won the Heisman Trophy in 1997, while a Junior at the University of Michigan. He took the award over such future football greats as Peyton Manning and Randy Moss. He became the first defensive player to win college football's most prestigious individual honor. But that is only the beginning.




Before the start of the Thanksgiving Day game between the Pack and the Detroit Lions, in Detroit, it was announced that Charles Woodson had given $2,000,000 to the new University of Michigan's Mott Children's Hospital.

He said his mom always gave her best to people, even when she had little to give. She is his role model. After he had his first child, he has wanted to make a difference in a deeper way than just playing football. "My reason for working so hard has always been to be a part of something great," Woodson said.

Charles Woodson is a very bright spot in a world of selfish, self-destructive professional athletes and musicians and actors in such abundance these days. Think I'll go out a buy a jersey!

If your kids want a sports hero to look up to, why look any farther than Charles Woodson?
(Did I mention that he is gorgeous, too?) Think I'm ready to let Brett go...






10 comments:

Susie said...

He DOES rock!

Kimmy said...

I'm not a football fan. I'm a hockey fan. Go San Jose Sharks! But when you have your favs, gotta support them, right?!

Happy 6WS!!

Tracy P. said...

That's awesome! Glad he beat out Randy Moss who is...not a role model. :-)

Brett made my post today. Come laugh at him. I'm pretty sure you can still buy #4 in green if they're out of Woodson's number.

Tina said...

My brain does not comprehend NFL today....

I played 6ws too! http://talkinwithteenie.blogspot.com/2009/11/six-word-saturday.html

Dr.John said...

We do need good football heroes!
A six word response from the
Fortress.

Call Me Cate said...

It's nice to see athletes living a life worthy of the spotlight.

Thanks for playing 6WS!

Melissa B. said...

True...Now, 6 words for you:


Will you be watching Brett today?

I see it in my Sunday plans...

Viking Party Planned? Don't tell Moker!

Aunt Julie said...

Don't like Vikings, LOVE Brett, tho.

I watched him pass and win.

He is still my MVP. Maybe the league's too! Go Brett, Go.

Anonymous said...

Hello! Great topic, but will this really work?

Poker Manual said...

It is delightful