Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wordful Wednesday: Girl Power

Here's to Rachel Alexandra, the filly who won the Preakness Stakes last weekend. Her victory in the second leg of the Triple Crown shows just how tenacious and tough we women can be, huh?

Speaking from a female point-of-view, it's hard not to root for a good-looking gal who has the smarts, too.

So, on behalf of women who rock everywhere, I give you these famous ladies, brought to you by Angie and her Wordful Wednesday:

Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. ~Harriet Beecher Stowe, Author

Toughness doesn't have to come in a pinstripe suit. ~Dianne Feinstein, US Senator

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. ~Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady and Philanthropist

Have a Wordful Wednesday!

11 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Love the horse race photo. What a great capture. The composition is terrific.

Come see my W W if you have some time today.

Sherry said...

what a great photo! I love horses!

Upstatemamma said...

YAY!!!!! I am all reved up now :)

Amy said...

Awesome post!

tiarastantrums said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marrdy said...

That was a great race. I was worried about her racing the big boys until I saw what a big girl she was I knew she would be just fine!

Claremont First Ward said...

What a great post!

Muthering Heights said...

What an exciting photo!!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

I love it! We are quite fabulous, aren't we? :)

Michelle said...

Ummm, the Preakness was last weekend? Seriously? I am SO out of touch with time passing.

Susie said...

Great quotes!! I love women who rock!!