Friday, May 8, 2009

Candid Carrie's: A Multicultural Place to Hang


Of course, it's Friday. TGIF, everyone! That means it's time for Candid Carrie's Friday Foto Fiesta, known in these parts as Fx4. Or FFFF, if you want to get technical about it.

Aunt Julie, as you know, is a quilter, a gardener, a baker, a great cook, a decorator, a photographer, AND a crafter. At one time in her young life, she was also into multiculturalism, as you can see from the shot above.

Julie Eliz stitched these Raggedy Anns when my kids were little. She also made corresponding Andys.

I'd say it's been pretty nifty being her SIL all these years. Don't you agree? Maybe we should market these with the POPrs...

7 comments:

Susie said...

Very cool!! I never realized how left out other cultures were until I started working with some of them.

Unknown said...

I had a couple of those dolls when I was a kid.

I was told recently , though, that it was not PC anymore to call them 'Raggedy'. Apparently it might offend the poor, or something !! (rolls eyes) ..

cat said...

Oh how cute are they? Why don't you have look at my auction items for Tuesday and bid a dollar?

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Cute - love the ethnic Raggedy dolls!

Tori said...

Wow those are really cool! What a great idea! Nice blog! I found you through SITS :-)
♥ Tori

Debbie said...

Those are great! She should sell them.

Michelle said...

Wow, she made those? My Raggetys were ummm store bought. I think I'm glad I have my SIL and not yours. I don't feel quite so inadequate this way ;)