Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Remembered: 1987


Dare I say it? This photo is a relic! Here we have Big Bear on the left, carefully dipping his egg in the dye, and Shark Boy, who finds the whole business really funny, for some reason.

However you may be celebrating this special day, I'd like to share a poem that my kids learned when they were even younger than this. The rhyme comes with hand motions, too, so knock yourself out. Happy Easter!
PS: I'm a newby at Sarcastic Mom's Weekly Winners, so please bear with me. Obviously, this is an old shot. Snapped by Aunt Julie with a Canon Rebel, I'm pretty sure. A classic film SLR camera...no digital back then!


Five little Easter eggs, lovely colors wore (hold up five fingers);
Mother ate the blue one, then there were four (bend down one finger).
Four little Easter eggs, two and two, you see;
Daddy ate the red one, then there were three (bend down next finger).
Three little Easter eggs, before I knew,
Sister ate the yellow one, then there were two (bend down next finger).
Two little Easter eggs; oh, what fun,
Brother ate the purple one, then there was one (bend down next finger).
One little Easter egg; see me run!
I ate the very last one, and then there were none (open up both empty hands)!

13 comments:

Tara R. said...

Love the picture, makes me want to laugh.

Happy Easter to you and yours too.

must not be blank said...

What a cute poem and picture.I hope you are enjoying your Easter Sunday.

Daisy said...

That's a great picture and I like the poem. Happy Easter!

Weekly Winners 4/5 - 4/11

8 Symptoms of Depression

Anonymous said...

A happy hoppy Easter to you and your family! :)

frogpondsrock said...

Lovely retro shot.. 1987 was a good year..

Susie said...

That's a great picture!! I hope you had a great Easter this year too:-)

Stacy Uncorked said...

Love the picture and love the poem - I'm going to print that out and show the Princess Nagger...she'll be reciting that in no time - with the finger motions! LOL! ;)

Happy Easter! :)

Marrdy said...

What cute boys! I miss the whole Easter egg thing. Must be getting close to Grandchildren time. Well, maybe 10 years from now!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

That's such a cute poem! I'll have to mark it down for next year.

I love the beautiful cups you used to dip the eggs. Of course, the kiddos are (were) adorable, even without digital!

Queenie Jeannie said...

These shots are always fabulous!!! Mine were just posted so you can see The Bella!

I hope you all had a great Easter!

(I refuse to read Marley!!)

Kathleen W. said...

What an adorable picture! It brings back memories for me too.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww....what a cute picture! And a great little poem......what a sweet memory. I'll have to do this with Z...he's learning to count now. ;)

Michelle said...

Oh I've never heard that one before. Very fun. I'll have to teach it to Mister Man. Then again, that probably means I'll have to remember to color eggs next year ;)