Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekly Winners: It's a Dog's Life, Right?


Time for another edition of Weekly Winners, brought to you by Sarcastic Mom.

During my latest Road Trip to see my peeps, Aunt Julie and I took the doggies to the Kaukauna, WI, Dog Park .

The thing about Moses and Rowdy is they like to go in the water, no matter how cold it is. Here's Moses shaking off. That's Rowdy's butt on the right...got his nose in something, for sure!



Although this shot doesn't show it, Rowdy went pretty far out. There was a family of ducks across the pond, and we were hoping he didn't notice...




Moses got tired of the cold water after a while and decided that being dry on land was preferable...


...while Rowdy found a friend to play with. I really like the colors and the composition of this one.


Once again, I snapped these shots using a Nikon CoolPix 4600, 4.0 Megapixels, 3x Zoom. Next week, I'll try to showcase some shots by my daughter, "The Artiste."

16 comments:

Unknown said...

i wish we had a dog park around here... they look like they had so much fun!

Sandi McBride said...

Ah, pretty as a brindle pup is Rowdy!!! Looks like everyone had a blast...
hugs
Sandi

Susie said...

Those are some great shots! How fun was that for them?

Aunt Julie said...

Now I need to get a waterproof cover for the cargo area of my car! Still smells like wet dog and swamp, though. You know they had fun when they sleep on the way home.

tiarastantrums said...

too funny - my dog is so afraid of the water!

Tara R. said...

See, your water dogs like water. My water dogs are a couple of wimps. Great set this week.

Anonymous said...

Great pics.....the dogs are cute...as usual! Glad you all had fun!

Melissa B. said...

One thing I don't understand, Veggie. I realize they're bred for water, but what could be fun about getting wet when it's so chilly outside? They do look like they're having fun, though! PS: Don't forget today's Silly Sunday Sweepstakes!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

My lab loves swimming too. Looks like a fun day for the doggies.

Toriz said...

Most water-loving dogs aren't bothered by the temperature of the water. My Mam's Lab is that way. My little Westie's not keen on water though.

Daisy said...

I love the doggie shots. Playing in the water is something that most dogs love. And I like the friend picture. :) Happy Sunday.

Weekly Winners 4/12-4/25
Thursday 13 - edition 4

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Yee haw for WI & doggies!

Great shots - looks like fun! (I'm a Milwaukee Mommy...)

Ladynred said...

Looks like a fun day for the dogie. What a cute dog!

Mrs4444 said...

We've never been to that dog park. Or any dog park. But it looks like a lot of fun; I didn't expect it to have water....

Marrdy said...

This makes me want to have a dog again! Great pictures.

Michelle said...

I love watching dogs play at a dog park. Almost as much as children. Although I will say that the dogs generally are better behaved and follow the rules better....