Monday, April 6, 2009

Empty Nest? Not!

Have you any idea how many children it takes to turn off one light in the kitchen? Three. It takes one to say, "What light?" 
and two more to say, "I didn't turn it on."
~Erma Bombeck~

Veggie Mom, reporting on location with College Girl and The Wild One. No Empty Nest Syndrome here the past couple of days. I'm taking a few days off to Commune with My College Kidz, and they've shown me a thing or two.

Most of my recent college education involves the cost of groceries ("More Ramen Noodles, please!") and the location of the nearest mall.

I love 'em, I really do! I guess I just wish I didn't feel like a Human ATM Machine all the time!

7 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

LOL! Yeah well, once they are smart enough to realize how much stuff costs...they are smart enough to learn to ask MOM for everything again!!!!

Hugs!

Susie said...

Ha, ha, ha! The nest doesn't get empty by pushing them out but by gently guiding them to your wallet:-)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA....a human ATM. Ok, I know that's not funny...but it kind of is. Have fun with your kiddos... :)

Deanna said...

Human ATM... yes! That is what I am. I used to ask them what the magic word was and now I need to ask them what the "code" is. Ha!

Laura Marchant said...

Oh enjoy it and have fun!

Michelle said...

Hey at least they miss you and know you're good for something, right? ;) Enjoy your visit!

Marrdy said...

Amen to that sister!! I just fork over the money and then wait for someone to call and tell me that I am Mother of the Year.....still waiting!